Here to Help

Synopsis: While dealing with getting ready for a big concert, all of the preparations and tasks become too much for Rinko to handle anymore

----------------------------

Concerts were always loud, but she could normally manage it. But today she couldn't. It was too loud, there were too many people, too many things they had to do. It was not fun.

She was starting to shut down. It became harder to talk, eventually with her losing the ability completely. She lost focus and was numbly following the others. She didn't know what to do at this point. All she could think about was being done with this.

"Rinko? Are you okay?"

Someone finally noticed something was amiss with her. Lisa was looking her over with concern. It didn't take much for her to realize what was happening.

"Too much?" She questioned.

Rinko nodded. All of this was too much. Being one of the honorary bands at this event was too much to handle. She couldn't keep up with all these photoshoots and interviews and everything else. She needed a break, but didn't know if they would even be allowed one.

Lisa placed a hand on Rinko's shoulder, only to have it swatted away. Rinko couldn't handle the feeling with everything else going on.

"Sorry." Lisa apologized, "Forgot about that."

She then turned to the others, "Rinko and I are going to the bathroom. We'll be back soon."

Lisa didn't wait for a response and motioned for Rinko to follow her. They walked away from the others and went to the bathroom. It was quiet there.

Lisa took a seat on the floor and patted the spot next to her, "Come sit."

Rinko joined her. She kept her distance, though. Lisa didn't care. She knew that whatever Rinko did was necessary to help her relax again.

"It has been very chaotic today." Lisa sighed, "It's almost over, at least. Just one last interview and we can leave."

Lisa knew she wouldn't get a response. When Rinko went mute, it took a long time before she felt comfortable talking again, even after regaining her voice.

"Do you need anything?"

Rinko shook her head. She didn't. All she needed was a break. She was slowly starting to relax a bit. The quiet was nice. It was so loud out there and very chaotic.

"We can't stay here too long, unfortunately. The interview will be in half-an-hour. We can stay here until then, though."

Rinko just nodded along. She pulled her knees to her chest and took some deep breaths. She was glad to have Lisa here. She was a big help when stuff like this happened. Not that the others weren't, but she was always the first one to pick up on her discomfort.

Rinko glanced over at Lisa. She was texting someone on her phone. Probably telling the other three what was going on.

"You know... as much as it's nice getting recognition like this, it's a lot more stressful. Who knew getting interviewed and invited to headline some events could be so chaotic and hard to do?" Lisa chuckled softly, "But, everyone seems happy with our progress."

Rinko nodded. For all the problems it caused her, she still wouldn't give this up for anything. Being in Roselia with everyone was not something she felt she would ever regret.

...

They stayed there until it was time to head to the interview. Lisa stood up first and hesitated, before offering a hand to Rinko. Rinko took it and let Lisa pull her to her feet. She was okay with being touched now. She had the capacity for it.

"Ready to go?"

Rinko nodded. She still didn't have her voice back. This would make things a bit complicated for the interview.

"Can't talk?" Lisa asked.

Rinko nodded and looked down.

"Hey, it's fine. We'll just have to divert questions from you. Don't worry about it." Lisa smiled at her reassuringly.

They left the bathroom then. Lisa lead the way to the others. They were waiting for them outside the room where they were going to be interviewed at.

"Rinko can't talk right now." Lisa stated.

"Alright." Yukina took a deep breath, "Let's hope they don't throw a fit over it like before."

This wouldn't be the first time Rinko hadn't been able to talk during an interview. Except, one time the interviewer got very mad at them all for dodging the questions about Rinko. Eventually they left because the interviewer was getting too aggressive about it.

"Roselia, you may come in."

...

"Hey, Rinko~ You feeling better?"

It was later now. They were all in the hotel rooms. Rinko was reading a book in her bed. Lisa took a seat beside her.

"Yeah..." Rinko nodded, "Thank you for helping me..."

"It's nothing, Rinko. I don't want you to be upset."

"You're always so nice to me, Imai-san."

"Nonsense. I'm just treating you how you deserve to be treated." Lisa pouted, "Anyway, we should get some rest. It's getting pretty late."

Rinko put her book aside, "Could I... ask for one favor?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"Could you... stay with me?"

"Sure." Lisa smiled at her.

This wasn't a new request by any means. Sometimes after a stressful day, Rinko liked being able to simply snuggle up against someone and relax. At the start, she only did it with Ako. But, as she got more used to the others in the band, she started allowing them to do it as well.

Perhaps she favored Lisa a bit. Ako was a little jealous of Rinko seeking out Lisa for support. Rinko didn't exactly know why she did it. She just felt something whenever she was with Lisa.

The two of them laid down on the bed. Lisa held out her arms and invited Rinko closer. Rinko curled up with her and let out a soft sigh. Today had been a very rough day. She was glad it was over now.

"Is tomorrow going to be... as bad as today was?" Rinko asked.

Lisa thought it over for a moment, "No. We don't have much to do tomorrow."

"Good..."

"Get some rest, Rinko."

"Goodnight, Imai-san."

"Goodnight, Rinko."

It wasn't long before they had fallen asleep. Rinko felt at peace now. Everything had worked out. She had survived today. She felt proud of that accomplishment. It had been hard to hold it together for that long.