The Golden Opportunity

Începe de la început

Belos watched from his throne, smiling under the mask as everything was coming together... until he felt immense pain in his chest. He grabbed his heart and started coughing.

"Emperor!" Kikimora said as she and Golden Guard went to his sides.

"That will be all for today, the Emperor needs his rest." He said, helping Belos stand up and lead him away.

Kikimora tried to follow but the Golden Guard waved her back.

"I'll handle this." He said to her.

The two went into a seperate room.

Once the doors were shut, the room filled with nothing important, Belos moved away from the Golden Guard as his chest tightened more and he began screaming in pain!

"Aaaaaa! ROOOOOAH!" He screamed then roared, his form changing into that of a beast as his second in command looked away.

Whatever state Belos was in, he began smashing his fists against a wall over and over as some kind of mud was left until he calmed down and returned to his original form.

Golden Guard handed him a palisman, which he snatched away and broke open.

The magic with in, a green mist, wafted from the palisman into Belos's nose as he took a deep breath.

"Aaaaah." He said in relief as the palisman turned to dust. "Another."

"I'm...afraid I can't. That palisman was the last one in our reserves." The Golden Guard said with caution.

Belos turned and started to walk away.

"Uncle, let me help." Golden Guard said.

"You can't help with this, Hunter." Belos said to him.

"But I've been studying some books on wild magic and if I can try a controlled-"

"It's too risky. You know that wild magic is dangerous, especially with what it did to our family." Belos said, looking back at Hunter.

"I know but I just...want to help. I don't want to lose you." Hunter said, looking down sadly.

"I just need more palismen." Belos said, walking to Hunter and putting his hands in his shoulders. "That is more safe than experimenting with Wild Magic. Can you do that for me?"

"Yes... I can do that." Hunter said with a nod.

Outside the door, Kikimora was listening, very easily earning her nickname and species, Gremlin. She smiled evilly under her collar and began to form a plan.

Meanwhile, on the other side of town, a certain human was in the backyard of the Owl House near her workout shack. Doing some little morning exercises before school started, nothing to strenuous so she could work up a nice sweat.

She was doing push-ups and was quickly approaching 50, when she was called by Eda.

"Hey, Kid, you ready?" Eda asked.

Pausing and looking up to her, Luz saw that Eda was standing at the back door while wearing a brown blazer.

"Oh yeah, I'm ready. Just need a quick drink of water." Luz said, getting up from the ground and rolling her

"Well, hurry up, today is a big day." Eda said, smiling at Luz. "It's Palisman Adoption Day."

"Palisman Adoption Day?" Luz asked.

"You heard me. I called in my favor to Bat Queen and arranged it with Bump! So you better come on and get dressed or else you'll be without one!" Eda said with a smirk. "And I KNOW how much you want one."