"I'm gonna head to the restroom real quick." Kiyomi stood up from the booth and walked to the cafe's restroom after making sure to tell Rin of his whereabouts.

With no one else around, Rin opened the book he left in his school bag and began to read from where he left off.

"Is it okay if I use your restroom before I leave?" The voice from before was heard again.

"Yes, go ahead."

Rin heard the clacking of heels against the tile floor getting louder and louder. He looked up from his book to see a young lady. She wore an oversized beige coat completely buttoned up. Her brown hair was up in a neatly tied bun. Sunglasses covered her eyes with nothing peeking through and bright red lipstick tinted her lips.

As she passed Rin, her sickly sweet perfume wafted into the air before fading away a few seconds later.

Moments passed until Rin heard one of the restroom doors open. He expected it to be Kiyomi, but no one came. Suddenly, he felt the touch of a hand on his shoulder.

"Here's your black coffee, sir." A waitress had her hand on his shoulder as she placed down the beverage. Rin got a whiff of her perfume. It smelled similar to the scent from earlier. "Will that be all?" She straightened her posture and clasped her hands together to let them rest against her abdomen. Her faded red lips mustered up a sincere smile to accompany her professional aura.

"No. I also ordered a rose tea and a slice of strawberry cake."

"I don't think you did, sir. This was the only thing they told me to bring to this table." Her cherry eyes twitched slightly. She tucked a strand of her brown hair behind her ear. "Was the tea and cake for you?"

"It was for the friend I was with when I came in here."

"Excuse me if I'm mistaken, but I saw you come in alone." Her voice quickened.

"Where's the customer that ordered the takeout? I have her food here." The waitress became stiff.

"She went to the restroom, but she should be back soon."

"Um...I'll go see if your order has finished." The waitress walked away from the table. Rin didn't pay attention to where she went and continued reading the book he left to the side. Suddenly, he felt the touch of a hand on his shoulder.

"The cake isn't here yet?! That sucks. I'm hungry." Kiyomi sat back down across from Rin. This whole time he was in the restroom fixing his hairpins because they kept sliding off and every time he put them in, the hairpins looked uneven and he'd restart. Kiyomi still washed his hands, though.

"I'm so sorry for the long wait! There were some difficulties in the kitchen." The waitress that had taken their orders returned with a tray of their drinks and dessert. She placed them down onto the table. "Here is your rose tea and strawberry cake and your black coffee. Will that be everything."

"Ma'am, a waitress earlier already brought my coffee. I haven't taken a sip from it yet so it's still full. A refill is not needed." Rin noticed the confused expression on the waitress's face so he attempted to describe the girl from earlier. "I didn't get her name, but she had brown hair and red eyes."

The waitress thought for a minute, but couldn't remember anyone with that description during her shift.

"I'm sorry, sir, but there's no one at this establishment that looks like that. I'll just take the cup the person gave you and throw it out."

"You never know what they could have laced it with." Kiyomi spoke and the waitress agreed.

The heels clicking against the floor resounded in the cafe. The familiar sickenly sweet smell filled the air.

"I'm so sorry you had to wait. I'll get out of your hair." Her frantic voice seemed mature. Her brown hair was still fixed in the same way, but it looked messy and hurried. Her bright red lipstick was now faint and nearly gone. After grabbing her bag of food, the lady left the cafe.

Kiyomi stabbed the strawberry on the cake with a fork and pointed it towards Rin. "I'll feed you."

Rin thought nothing of it and ate the fruit. As Rin was savoring the sweet taste, Kiyomi took a piece of the cake and ate it with the same fork.

This indirect kiss will satisfy our dear protagonist for now~

—✦—