Chapter XXII: Battle of Toad Town Part II

Start from the beginning

The Goombas look at each other and whisper to the Chief for a moment.

"We'll do it," said Goomboss.

"Anyone else?" smiled Daisy.

Meanwhile...

A ring portal opens and John lands before Steve and Alex.

"Hey..." smiled John.

"Oh..." said Steve. "Mr. Magellan!"

John smiles.

Meanwhile...

A ring portal opens and Mario meets Link and Zelda, who are cooking.

Meanwhile...

A ring portal opens and Sonic meets Bea.

Meanwhile...

A ring portal opens and Amy meets the King of Terraria.

Meanwhile...

Cuphead and Mugman walk out of a ring portal and meet and hug Elder Kettle.

"So...!" smiled Elder Kettle. "I see that the time of end is near!"

"What...?" asked Mugman.

"Pack your bags, boys!" smiled Elder Kettle. "The Smash Brothers are coming back!"

"'Smash Bruthas!?'" asked Cuphead and Mugman.

Later...

"Okay..." said John, as the entire group listened intently. "First course of action is to retake the capital. How can we do that? Easy. What is the one weakness of the Koopa Troopas?"

"What...?" asked Lotus.

"Their shells," said John. "If you find a weapon to destroy their shells."

"How...?" asked Peach. "Those shells are practically indestructible?"

"Steve?" smiled John.

Steve places a massive bucket that smokes the souls of the damned, which makes everyone back away.

"Ladies and gentlemen..." said John. "May I present to you... Wither... Dampens regeneration... Decays life... Destroys anything it touches..."

"Should we be breathing this in...?" asked Amy, covering her nose.

"P-Probably not..." said Helix, as Sonic, Amy, Mario, Luigi, Daisy, and Peach all faint. "Oops."

Later...

"Then what?"

"We enter Daisy's tunnels underneath the city... then rise to Castle and attack the Head of the Snake... three-eighths of our soldiers will enter from outside and attack the Koopas. Most of our soldiers, though, will enter the castle and the streets. Two-eighths in the streets and three-eighths in the castle. And from there, we conquer. Sonic and Amy will lead the ones outside as a diversion. By the way, Yoshi should be in the stables, so we should open them and free the yoshis."

"Then, what?"

"Us... We fight Bowser and Nectarine."

The next day...

Nectarine opens the door. "PEACH!!! FOR THE LAST TIME, I WANT YOU TO-!!!" He gasps. "Peach!?"

*DING!!! DING!!! DING!!! DING!!!*

Nectarine's eyes widen. "No... GUARDS!!!"

A Red-Shelled Koopa opens the door. "Yes, my Lord?"

"FORTIFY THE CITY!!! PLACE THE GREEN KOOPAS ABOVE THE WALL AND READY THE RED KOOPAS!!! FORTIFY THE CASTLE, AS WELL!!!" yelled Nectarine.