Keele University | Rankings, New Courses, Fees, Scholarships | AHZ Associates

Overview

Keele University was the first brand-new institution to be founded in the United Kingdom at the turn of the 20th century. Over 70% of Keele University's undergraduates choose the Dual Honours degree today, making it the institution that first offered it.

The University's 10,000 undergraduate students come from about 120 different countries, and almost all of them are able to study abroad for a semester at one of its 80 partner institutions.

Keele almost always ranks in the top three universities for student happiness. The 600-acre campus of Keele University is made up of parkland, lakes, and woods. The main draw on the property is Keele Hall, a Grade II listed building from the nineteenth century.

History

In 1949, Staffordshire, England's Keele University was established. Keele is halfway between Birmingham and Manchester, only a few miles from the urban areas of Newcastle-under-Lyme and Stoke-on-Trent, and 20 miles from the Peak District, a picturesque national park renowned for its natural beauty. It is regarded as the biggest campus in the nation and features a few notable buildings and a science park.

In the National Student Survey, Keele consistently ranks among the top ten universities in the UK, and its student union is among the top five in the country for a variety of available activities. The Daily Telegraph ranked Keele University's campus as the sixth most attractive in the UK. Keele has been ranked among the top universities in the world in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.

Keele provides an inviting environment for international students. Numerous cultural events are planned and celebrated throughout the year. In addition to two sports halls that meet national standards, the university also runs a climbing wall, a single-court gym, a wellness centre, and a dance studio. It is also the first university in the nation to maintain all of the "Kinesis" gym's amenities.

The institution keeps a graduation rate of more than 90%. The university established a fellowship college in 2011 to promote its initiatives outside of the realm of traditional academia. It is now run by recent graduates from Staffordshire who work in the business, media, and by important stakeholders. There are many distinguished leaders of reputable organizations among the university's large and diverse alumni base.

Rankings and Successes

32nd in the Guardian University Guide for 2023, and 64th in the Times University Guide

The National Student Survey consistently places Keele among the top ten universities in the United Kingdom, and its student union was just named one of the top five in the nation for the breadth of its extracurricular opportunities. The Keele University campus is so beautiful that it was ranked sixth by The Daily Telegraph. Keele was ranked among very distinguished company in the most recent Times Higher Education Global University Rankings.

80% of Keele's research was rated as either world-leading or internationally good according to the results of the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021, an increase of 75% from the previous REF in 2014.

Student information

78% of undergraduates

undergrad -22%

79% of full-time students

Part-time learners – 21%

British students: 93%