Chapter 2-The sleepover

" Sorry that i couldn't be mischievous with you." " It's ok we can have sleepovers!" " OH! I forgot to get the ice cream sundaes. I'll be back soon." I ran down the steps wishing that all the ice cream didn't melt. As I got closer and closer down the stairs I heard my mom's crime show. She loves playing. I got down and got two ice cream bowls and slowly went up so I wouldn't spill the gooey ice cream. Once I got up I handed the two bowls to the girls and went back down for mine. SWOOSH~. I turned around quickly and just like with the mirror and everything else, nothing in sight. I went down the stairs at a bit of a faster pace now. It was like the world started moving really fast and I felt strange. I got my bowl of ice cream or yogurt and ran upstairs not even caring if I spilled any. " I'm back, girls." I walked in and in a split second later they were both shoving ice cream in their mouth. This seems weird but I watched as the ice cream slowly dripped off the spoon and how their lips grew soggy with the yogurt like ice cream. So I sat down and grabbed a spoon and joined them. After like thirty minutes of eating ice cream we got stomach aches and it was seven. My bedtime is seven but my mom is nice on weekdays and lets me stay up as long as I get some sleep, like an hour or two. " Girls guess what sense this house is like from the 1800s I bought a ouija board." Blossom said creepily. I looked at ruby and ruby looked at me. We were smirking in the weirdest way I ever saw. And looked back at Blossom. " Ok but we have to stay up till the ghostly hour." Ruby said. We agreed. I heard footsteps up the stairs slow footsteps. I looked at my clock and it was 10:00. My mom was coming to check to see if we were asleep. I slowly ran to my bed and faced the wall. My friends followed and knew what it meant when I sorta passed out. So they hid in their sleeping bags. CREEEEEAAAAAKKK. She opened the door and peeked in. i saw the room get darker, she turned my light off. She walked over to me and kissed my forehead and tucked in my friends. CREEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAK. The door was closed. I got up and immediately turned on my lamp. " The coast is clear." Blossom said. " Few." Ruby and I said. I saw Blossom get up and dig in her sleepover bag. She started slowly pulling out the old dusty ouija board. " It's time girls." said blossom trying to be scary and freak us out. "Time for what exactly?" Ruby asked, itching her head. "Ruby, you are the dumbest friend ever." I say, chuckling under my breath. "Is that a complement?" Ruby said. " No ruby it isn't." says Blossom. " Oh," Ruby said sadly. We sat in silence and Ruby had her face buried in her legs. Blossom and I looked at each other and the sound of sniffles filled the room. I didn't know what to do, or even what to say. I pulled down my covers and went up to her and hugged her. Blossom did the same. " You're not really dumb ruby." I said. " Yea, we were just playing with you." Blossom spoke with ease and care. Slowly she lifted up her head and the sniffles stopped. " Do you really mean it?" Said ruby still sniffling. " Well duh, we mean it." replied blossom. "Anywayyyyyyy.." I said trying to break the tension. " Its not 3 am yet so we should watch..." " Horror movies!!!!" We all had said in unison. I turned on my TV and the light was so bright I had to squint just so my eyes wouldn't burn. While I was working on the TV Blossom and Ruby were playing rock paper scissors. Once my eyes had adjusted to the brightness I could see what I was doing. Sadly i haven't even got into a channel yet and i could tell blossom and ruby were getting annoyed. I tried to hurry up and find a movie but it was hard. There were so many options. I blinked and ruby had taken the remote from my hands. She automatically just clicked one and that's what we ended up watching. " Do you have popcorn?" Ruby asked. "No, I can get some though." I replied. " Won't your mom hear it?" Blossom asked. " No, she's a deep sleeper, I'll be back." I flipped over my blankets and got up. My legs were so sore from sitting down for so long and I stumbled a little. I slowly opened the door but it still creaked. My friends looked up from their phones to see if I was leaving and they just looked back down when they saw I was just opening the door. I had brought a flashlight with me because it gets dark. I walked down the stairs and could turn on the lights then. The brightness startled me a little but I was fine. I opened up the cabinet and started looking back and forth for popcorn. Once I found it I closed the cabinet SLAM. " Uh oh, that could have woken my mom up." I thought to myself. I heard creaking down the stairs and ran out of the kitchen under the desk. I peeked through the little hole through the chair. It was just blossom and ruby thank goodness. I slid the chair away so I could crawl out and talk to them. Once I got out I was gonna say something that got cut off by Blossom. " What was that loud noise?" "yea," said Ruby, seconding her question. " I accidentally slammed the cabinet door." " Oh ok we're gonna go back up then." Said Ruby. " Ok then." I said turning around to get the popcorn out of the wrapper. The stair creaked and I knew they were gone by now. Except I turned around just to be sure but only when I turned they started to go up. " Strange...." I thought to myself. " You must be crazy, it's late anyway, maybe you just need to sleep..." I put the popcorn in the microwave and set it for 3 minutes. For the three minutes I was waiting I just circled around the kitchen like a hawk. " BEEP BEEP BEEP." went to the microwave and I grabbed the popcorn. It was really hot so I had to play hot potato with it. I dumped it in a little plastic bowl and ran upstairs. " I'm back!!!" " Finally, we had the movie paused the entire time waiting for you." Blossom said in relief. I placed fthe popcorn in the little circle we were sitting in and we started the movie patiently waiting for 3am.