Chapter 10 - Don't Hold Grudges

Cole's POV
"You did what?!" I shout after hearing Jack's entire story. Jack sighs.

"I know. I'm sorry. I just couldn't bare to let my twin sister leave me here alone. She's my best friend," he adds.

I can barely look at Jack right now because I'm so mad.

"I really am sorry, Cole. I never should have said it to Allie and it's been eating me alive," Jack says. I sigh.

"Save it, Jack. You destroyed my life. You knew I loved Allie, but you told her that dating me wasn't worth it. You know she wanted to move to Montreal to start her business?" I explain. Jack's eyes grow wide and he goes to say something, but I stop him. "I can't believe you. Did you tell Allie about all of this yet?"

"No. I can't bring myself to do it. She'll never speak to me again," Jack replies. I look at him and sigh.

"You need to tell her, Jack. Whether it destroys your relationship with your sister or not," Trevor adds in. Jack looks at Trevor and sighs.

"Okay. I'll tell her. Let's go back inside then,"

Trevor had dragged us outside in the parking lot of Jack and Allie's apartment complex to talk. Trevor mostly just watched our conversation unfold since he had already heard the story.

We walk into the apartment complex and go back upstairs to Allie and Jack's apartment.

We shove Jack through the door first and stay out in the hallway.

"What are you guys doing?" Jack hisses angrily.

"You have to do this on your own, man. Your sister can be scary sometimes," Trevor says.

Jack glares at us, but closes the door in our faces. I just hope he actually tells his sister everything.

Allison's POV
I hear the door slam and look up to find just Jack coming into the apartment.

"Hey Jack. Where's Cole and Trevor?"

"Um, they're out in the hallway." my brother replies casually. I frown.

"Why?"

"Well, I have something to tell you and they want to wait in the hallway while I talk to you." Jack mutters.

"Oh. Okay. What do you want to talk to me about?" I ask. Jack sits next to me on the couch and takes my hands in his.

"I want to start off with saying that I'm sorry, Allie." He says. I frown.

"Jackie, what are you sorry about?"

"I... I may have told you to not date Cole because I was afraid that you would leave me here alone. I'm so sorry, Allie Cat, I just—"

I cut off Jack, sticking my hand up in the air to stop him from talking anymore.

"I don't want to hear another word, Jack." I say. I shove my brother as hard as I can. "How could you? You said all that just so you could keep me here in New Jersey? You're the worst,"

"I know. I'm selfish and I regret it wholeheartedly. Please forgive me," Jack begs. I sigh.

"For right now, I am too angry to forgive you. Get back to me in like two to three business days and maybe I'll be able to forgive you by then," I say. Jack looks at me and sighs.

"Okay. I'll be right back. I'm gonna go let Cole and Trevor back inside,"

Jack's POV
When I let Cole and Trevor back in, Allie runs over to Cole and gives him a hug.

"I'm so sorry, Cole. I still love you and I should have never started dating Ethan," Allison says. Cole smiles.

"It's okay. It wasn't your fault," he mutters, looking up at me angrily.