The Choir Man: Roderick Peterson x NB!reader (nativity 2)

This was it. After 6 months of rehearsals you'd landed the Choir of St Peterson their first national competition: 'The Choral Harmonies Annual'. The choir consisted of mainly girls or non-binary vocalists, the youngest being 11 and oldest being 17. Being a conductor was a big change from the West End. You were kind and approachable but strict when you needed to be.

You approached the check in desk where one of the members of staff was sitting, checking through his collection of clipboards.

"Hello, welcome to Choral Harmonies Annual. Can I have a name please?" He smiled.

"Y/n L/n with the Choir of St Peterson."

"Peterson, Peterson, Peterson." He sang to himself as he checked through his list. "Ah yes. You're in dressing room 01 - the first one on the left - and your sound check is at 4:45 so in..."

"15 minutes, we'd better get moving." You finished for him while checking your watch.

"Indeed, just this corridor here. Best of luck." He pointed behind him and you followed the directions.

You found the door labelled 'Peterson' and barged inside, your students following behind you.

When the door opened you were met with a professional boys choir singing scales and dressed in royal blue and red but your eyes fixated on their conductor.

The way his dark hair was perfectly slicked back, the way his glasses shielded his intense glare, the way his black turtleneck perfectly hugged his body. You could have fainted. You were speechless, luckily he spoke first.

"If you wouldn't mind, we're in the middle of a rehearsal." he stated monotonously. You picked up on his Scottish accent but had to quickly compose yourself.

"Well I'm afraid we've been assigned this dressing room."

"There must be a mistake, the door has my name on it." He explained.

You casually swung the door open to check you'd read it correctly. You had. "That's the name of our choir alright." You confirmed.

"There must have been a simple mix up, you had better call for a member of staff, I can't have a shared space with some amateurs." He demanded.

Rude. "I wish I could stay and chit chat but we've got our sound check to get to, Peterson. Folks, put your things down anywhere and we'll be back later." You told your choir as you walked further into the room.

Peterson, as he called himself, gripped your wrist to turn you to face him. You could smell his cologne now and it sent shivers down your spine. Even if the scent belonged to an arrogant arsehole, he was an extremely attractive one.

"Do you have any idea who you're talking to?" He questioned in a low whispery tone.

"Nope, but I'll Google you later." You popped the 'p' and picked up a program on one of the dressing tables. You took a pen out of your pocket, found and circled your name and choir and handed it to the rude conductor. "I suggest you do the same."

He looked unimpressed but you hoped he'd be curious enough to read about your career on the internet.

"Come on guys, let's go." You told your choir.

You heard the handsome Scott turn back to the boys and pick up from where they left off.

You followed the signs towards the stage your mind swirling and heartbeat significantly higher than it was when you first arrived.

Your thoughts were interrupted by Ash, one of your older students "Well he seemed friendly." They announced sarcastically.

"You can say that again. Any clue who he is?" You questioned.