9

And before he knows it, the door is opened and a beaming ravenette comes into view. 

" Baby, you are here", Jungkook was quick to engulf him into a bone crushing hug as if he wasn't even able to breathe properly without him in his arms and Tae really wanted to scoff at his attempts to show that everything is the same anymore.

    Because it isn't, and he is not planning to turn a blind eye to it anymore. It's really hard for him, he wouldn't say otherwise. Because letting Jungkook go was the last thing he wanted to do. But what could he do when it's more than visible that he's not the one the ravenette wants.

    It's okay, he tried to assure himself as he refused to hug the boy because if he did he doesn't know how painful it would be to let go. 

He is going to be fine. Right?

    He was trying to convince himself to take this big as well as heartbreaking step after all he was preparing himself for this moment for the two months he was in London.

Jungkook pulled back after a while an unpleasant look on his face. " Why are you not hugging me back?" he asked, a seriousness coating his voice.

Tae sighed trying to pull away from his arms only to be pulled closer. " Tae, what are you doing?" Jungkook is surely not happy about the situation.

    Tae has been acting a bit off for a while, at first, he went to London deciding everything on his own without even asking about how he feels about it.

   And the thing which made him more sad was that Tae decided everything on his own without even bothering to discuss with him first as if his opinion doesn't matter.

    It's not that Jungkook would ask him not to go. Not because he wouldn't miss his cuddly bear but he doesn't want to hold back Tae from achieving his dreams. His baby deserves all the opportunities coming his way and who is he to say no to that.

    And if Tae really had refused to go there because of him he would have taken things into his hand and persuaded him to go but he would have accompanied him there. Because Jungkook could never stay away from Tae if it was up to him.

    But he was forced to be alone in their shared apartment with only the lingering silence around him, pushing his days and nights away wondering why Tae is not calling him.

   He knew that the boy must be hella busy because after all, he went there as an intern not for a vacation. But at least, a minute or two he couldn't spare a call or text his boyfriend whom he was sure would be missing him.

    And neither Tae called him nor he replied to any of his worried text messages either, making Jungkook go crazy. He was honestly on the verge of booking a plane ticket and going to London to see his boyfriend but Jimin asked him not to go. Because if Tae is not responding to him in any way there must be a reason for that right?

   And now after a month of separation, his boyfriend is standing before him not even bothering to crack a smile or hug him back.

Doesn't Tae miss him at all?

Meanwhile Tae chuckled, a scoff following. " Why are you pretending like you missed me?" he asked, his deep voice and the coldness it carried sending shivers down the older's body.

" What?" he croaked out. " I missed you", he said firmly. " What made you say that I'm pretending when you know that I'm not?"

Tae sighed, shaking his head and trying to pull away from the other's hold and Jungkook let him this time.