Chapter 17 Secret Revealed

Emily turned around and saw Lily.

"Hey Emily" Lily said "How come you are here? I mean Did Riley invited you here?"

"No, actually..."

"Lily, you met Linda already" Katherine said joining both of them. "She is very talented and I met her on the flight. She told me that she is in the same school as you and Riley are. She is the one who wrote Lifeline"

"Yeah mom I know that but why are you calling her Linda?" Lily asked surprisingly "Her name is Emily."

"You are Emily the one who helped my daughter with her project. Thank you for helping her. It...." Katherine said. Someone called her from behind "You girls carry on I'll join you after sometime." Katherine left.

"Let me explain Lily" Emily added.

"Wait! Are you saying that you are an author?" she said. She looked at the dress I was wearing and said "And the day we went to buy this dress you said it was for mom's birthday. But it seems that you lied to me" She scoffed.

"No, that's not true. Well in one way it is true but let me explain the whole thing to you."

"No, Emily there's no need to do that. I thought we were friends but I guess we are not because friends don't lie."

"I had my reasons. Please just listen to me once."

"No I don't want to hear your excuses."

She was trying to go but Emily held her hand.

"Please wait Lily. Just listen to me once. I shouldn't have lied but I was afraid that my secret will be revealed."

"But I shared everything with you and still you didn't trust me."

"I wanted to tell you but..."

"But you thought that I'll tell everyone that we have a famous author in our school."

"Well not everyone but maybe Riley."

"You should have trusted me. I must have told Riley but if you told me not to, I wouldn't have."

"I am Sorry but I didn't want everyone to treat me differently. I should have told you."

Lily was going to speak something but she stopped and started thinking about something. Emily kept on looking at her but didn't say anything.

"Maybe, you are right. I am sorry Lily I over-reacted."

"I am sorry Lily for not telling you the truth."

"Now can we stop saying sorry to each other. I am tired of hearing sorry" Lily chuckled.

Emily smiled as she was relieved that she didn't lose her only female friend. "Yeah obviously" Emily said. And they both walked together.