"You two were late." It was Michelle with a drink in her hand and a portion of finger food in the other. She sat beside Claire and Rose at my side.

It was the same time Brian came back with our drinks.

"Claire, I got you wine and for you Cara, I got you a Cosmo."

"Thank you!" We both reached for our drinks.

Brian excused himself after and promised to be back later.

"You know what, I'm hungry, come, Cara, let's see what's in there." Claire grabbed my hand and pulled me away from our table.

We went to the long table where the food was set up buffet style. There's a lot of food that I'm not familiar with but they look all so yummy. I grabbed a plate and handed one to Claire.

As we walk around the table, Claire's eyes were on me but I was pretending not to notice her.

"You think she's gonna be here?" I heard her say.

"Who?" I played dumb.

Claire did not say anything but I could feel her glaring. When I turned to her, her eyes were squinting at me.

"Yeah, I think so, Brian is her cousin so she's probably gonna be here, where, I don't know."

I busied myself with the food in front of me, I silently thank god when Claire did not ask me any more questions.

We brought our food to our table and ate in silence. It was not awkward but not easy as well.

The food was great, everything is, I don't know their names but I tasted them all. 

Michelle and Rose got us our second glass. I don't drink much but I felt like drinking, it is the weekend and we are at a party, I'm not gonna drive so I guess I better enjoy this night.

I have no idea what time it is, all I know is that the alcohol is affecting my system now. I don't know also how many glasses I already had, but I'm feeling everything is light and happy and pink. I think I never stopped smiling for a while.

"Oohhh, I love drunk Cara." I heard Rose say. We were on the dance floor all four of us.

"Yes! Drunk Cara is much more fun!" Michelle agreed screaming.

Claire and I were just laughing at them. It is weird that I don't care about the people around me, good weird I mean.

So this must be how to be carefree.

"Brian! There's Brian!" I screamed when I saw Brian walking towards us with his handsome smiling face.

The girls laughed at me and cheered.

"Whoa! How many of these have you had?" Brian snaked his arm around my waist while his other hand grabbed the empty glass from mine.

"It's a party, Brian! Why are you counting?" I heard the girls burst out laughing which made me laugh as well.

I know I'm not drunk, tipsy maybe. 

Brian's eyes diverted to my chest but I didn't care, I was dancing in front of him with my eyes closed while he just stood.

"Hey, enjoying much?" A very familiar voice butted in, I know her voice but I couldn't seem to open my eyes to confirm my suspicion.

Brian removed his hand from my waist and it was replaced by a soft hand. My head automatically tilt and rested on the girl's shoulder.

"Can I borrow her for a sec?" I heard the voice say.

"Who are you?" I laughed at Michelle's question. Finally, I was able to open my eyes and see Alex holding me.

"I am... I am her friend." Alex said.

"Cara has a friend outside of us?" Michelle had her brows furrowed looking at Claire and Rose.

"She's not my friend." I turned my face to Alex, our faces just inches apart.

"You're not my friend." I told her.

Alex didn't bother to say anything else and guided me to leave the dance floor. We entered the mansion and were greeted by people inside. We took the stairs and entered a room, it was not small but not big as well.

She brought me to the bed and sat me down. She pulled a chair and sat in front of me, her hands were now on my shoulders. I think if she remove them, I will fall down the bed, which was okay because the bed was so soft, I ran my hands on the sheet and just feel like lying down, but Alex stopped me.

"How many drinks have you had?"

I laughed at her and it annoyed her but I don't care.

"Why did you bring me here?" I asked her instead of answering her question.

"Because, you are clearly drunk and Brian, well... he's ogling at your breast, what the hell are you wearing?" 

"And stop laughing!" She said when I giggled again.

I looked down at myself, my dress was not properly worn, probably with all the dancing earlier, but I didn't care. I am enjoying myself and I'm happy.

"It's a dress." I said.

"I can see your breast, Cara and so other people."

"Well, do you like what you see?"