Chapter 14: Framed

Start from the beginning

"That's true." Max agreed. "Besides, Ben wouldn't be so irresponsible with his aliens' power like that, and Y/n would never allow Ben to do those things we saw."

"Wait second." Y/n approached the Tv with a narrowed eyes. "Ben, are you seeing what I'm seeing?"

Ben went next to Y/n and observe the Tv screen. Then, his eyes widened in realization.

"You mean what I don't see?" Ben smirked at his partner.

"Exactly." Y/n grinned. "Come on. We got a mystery to solve."

The two watch wielders rushed out the Rv and headed to the crime scene with Max and Gwen followed behind.

"Criminals always return to the scene of the crime." Gwen pointed out.

"Gwen, I'm so disappointed in you." Y/n sighed. "You're supposed to be the brain in the team."

"Maybe her head is getting too big that she couldn't see the smallest detail." Ben joked, and the boys shared a chuckle.

"Now, what the two of you expect to find everyone else couldn't?" Max inquired. 

"Y/n?" Ben called.

The Nemetrix wielder closed his eyes and inhaled the air. From it, he sniffed a peculiar scent that guided him to the alleyway next to him. He opened his eyes and found Fourarms disappeared behind the corner.

"There!"

"I got your back, Y/n!"

The boy chased the alien through the alleyway until they spotted him on top of the U.S Mint. They continued the chase and searched the building for the alien until they came across Max and Gwen who is yelling at a Heatblast.

"Gwen!" Ben called.

"Not now, dweeb!" Gwen growled. "Can you see I gotta deal with-"

Gwen stopped mid sentence when she realized that the one in front of her is not Ben. Heatblast shot a fire jet at Gwen but the boys turned to Diamondhead and Terroranchula. The spider alien spitted out a force field in front of Gwen, and the diamond alien aided her.

"Now do you believe me?" Diamondhead stated at Gwen. "You and grandpa get everyone else out of here."

Once the fire died down, Diamondhead shot a several shards at Heatblast, forcing the fire alien to back off.

Max, Gwen and the workers has escaped the building as Diamondhead and Terroranchula are trading shots with Heatblast. And after a short trades, Heatblast disappeared, but both alien heroes knew he's still around.

"I don't know who you are, but you're giving aliens a bad name." Diamondhead stated out loud.

"So why don't you cry about it? Or are you going to go run and tell on me to your grandpa Max? Or that smart mouth cousin of yours? But, naturally, you brought your precious pet Y/n along with you." Heatblast taunted.

A blast of fire hit a container hanging above the heroes, dropping all the coins inside to rain down onto them. Diamondhead quickly covered Terroranchula, but the weight from the huge amount of coins put them down. Then, Heatblast approached the two.

"Hey! it's raining money!" Heatblast joked.

"Who are you?" Diamondhead demanded.

"You still haven't figure it out yet? Maybe this will help."

Heatblast's head suddenly morphing grotesquely from different aliens until it shifted into a familiar face, shocking the two heroes.

"Kevin?" Diamondhead flabbergasted. "I don't get it. I thought you were drained of all my powers back in the subway in New York."