FAMILY REUNION

Zacznij od początku

“Get the fuck off me!”

Raphael flicks his finger and Caden’s knees hit the ground. He hisses through clenched teeth.

“Stop it!”

“Oh, it’ll all be over very soon, my dear.” 

Before I can blink, Damon snatches Koda out of my arms and when I lunge for him, a glint of sharp metal stops me. Raphael points a deadly looking blade at me.

“Don’t you dare--.”

“No. Enough games.” His entire fake pleasantry is gone. He cements a sinister glare that matches the darkness in his eyes. I don’t dare move as the blade comes within an inch of my eyes.

“Don’t do this. Please.”

“I won’t be doing anything. But you soon will, daughter.” Lightning fast, he flips the knife so the hilt faces me.

“We’ll make sure this little ‘soul bond’ problem goes away when you kill this mutt yourself.”

“I’d rather kill you.”

“I’m sure you would, my dear, but that option is not on the table, I’m afraid.”

“I’ll never do what you say, you sick fucker.”

“No matter.” His eyes glow a menacing, blood-like red and I stop breathing.

“You are my blood Arabella. I can control you. I can even control the blood in your veins” His Alpha voice grows strong, scraping against my bones, under my skin, invasive and unnatural.

“Take the knife, Arabella.” He commands.

A chill spreads through my veins like I’ve been injected with metal. Cold, sharp and painful. Against my will, I do exactly as he says. My movements stiff and stuttering, my fingers curl around the hilt of the knife.

“What are you doing to me?” I can’t help the tears from falling down my cheeks.

“I already told you. I’m teaching you how to behave.” He turns his attention to Caden, his eyes glowing that nightmarish red color. “Sit still boy. Your ‘true mate’ will need a nice, wide target.”

Caden’s whole body shakes as he attempts to resist but it’s no use. He can’t move. And just then, I remember his words about my father, his warnings.

‘He is the most powerful Alpha anyone has ever seen.’

“Now then…” With a wave of his hand, Damon grips Caden by the hair, yanking him up to expose his chest to me. “Stab him in the heart.”

Horror floods in me as my fingers curl tighter around the knife. My arms rise against my will.

“No! Arabella, don’t.” Koda’s eyes widen, his mouth open in a silent scream but when Caden looks up at me, he is calm. His eyes are grounding as they lock with mine.

“You can fight this Arabella. You just have to try. I know you can do it.” He encourages me and just then, I remember the petals connecting with my skin, and I could feel a small part of me shift as if finding firm ground.

“Kill him. Now.” Raphael commands.

“Fight him, Arabella. You have to try.”

I raise my arms high, trying to channel all of my strength into resisting the clutched blade. I just need to focus or else this bastard will get the best of me.

“Kill him. Kill him now!”

A scream builds up deep within me, roaring forward as I bring the knife down onto Raphael’s shoulder, sinking the blade deep and fast. Raphael snarls, backhanding me with more strength than I’ve ever felt from an opponent. I fly back and hit the wall on the other side of the room as a result.