"Imagine losing"

A/N - This is a continuation from the last chapter, so there is no date.

 "Lexi?" Andrew snapped his fingers in my face and said, "Bro, you good?"

I snapped out of my seemingly hypnotic trance. He has a really pretty smile.

Stop

Now is not the time.

I slapped his fingers away in annoyance. "Can you not? Let's go inside."

I grabbed my bag as Andrew got out of the car, twirling the keys around his fingers. He whistled as he walked, and I trailed behind him.

I bumped into Andrew from behind when he stopped abruptly.

"Dude! Watch where you're going!" I complained while rubbing my nose.

Andrew turned around slowly. "Lexi," he said as if he were talking to a child, "what time is it?"

I quickly glanced at my phone. "4:57."

"Dave & Buster's isn't open at nearly 5 AM, Lexi," he said condescendingly. "Dave and Buster's is never open for 5 AM, Lexi!"

"What?" I pushed him out of the way. There was literally no way. I looked at the front door, and there it was—a LED CLOSED sign, taunting me right in the face.

I quickly pulled out my phone to check the closing time for Dave & Buster's at 12 a.m. How did I think it was open this early?

I turned around to see Andrew with his arms crossed, looking at me expectantly. "Now what, Ms. 'I've been to Dave & Buster's hundreds of times before and know the closing time."

I squinted my eyes at him and said, "Well, I'm sorry, but how was I supposed to know they weren't open at 5 AM?"

Andrew looked at me in disbelief and said, "I would think that you'd check the hours of operation before suggesting we come here!"

"Ok, fine. Lexi is dumb and doesn't know how to use the internet. Now let's find something else to do," I suggest, typing on my phone.

"Or," Andrew pauses with a finger in the air, "we break in!"

My eyes widen in shock, but Andrew looks very nonchalant about it. He even looks proud of himself for the idea. He walks past me and snatches a bobby pin from my hair.

"Ow! What's wrong with you? We can't break in! They probably have cameras! I can't go to jail; what will my mom think? I'm not a delinquent, and I'm certainly not going to break in." My voice trails off when I see Andrew has successfully picked the lock and has the door open, waiting for me.

"Just so you know, I don't usually break into public establishments, but I'm bored and we've already come this far," Andrew shrugged.

I heavily exhaled before stepping into Dave & Buster's. Might as well. Andrew comes in behind me and closes the door, leaving us engulfed in darkness. I freeze in my spot as soon as he closes the door. If you don't know this, I'm deathly afraid of the dark.