The Feast of Realms

Comincia dall'inizio

"Oh shit. That's tonight?" Vex asked

"Finally! A proper evening of protocol and civilized conversation" Percy said happily

"It's more than a party" Alurra said, "dignitaries from across the realm are here to form a new security pact. We must put our best foot forward"

"Right. And which foot is that?" Grog asked as he through the rest of his food over his shoulder

"Hey, Pike, want to be my date?" Scanlan asked, " I promise to be on my best-worst behavior"

"Oh, I-I'm okay" Pike chuckled nervously

"Lady Allura, we appreciate the gravity of the situation and will present ourselves with the utmost dignity" Vax said somewhat proudly, until he he swung his arm back full force to hit Grog on the groin.

Grog groaned, "good one. Seven to five"

"Five? He was just at two" Keyleth asked out of curiosity

"Yeah, that was a three pointer" Miel chuckled, happy for Vax's revenge

"You see, the rules of ball-tag are as complex as they are beautiful" Scanlan said

"I shall brief them on royal etiquette and manners" Percy said quickly, as he walked Allura away, "you have my word, nothing will go wrong"

Grog fell forward and started wailing, "my balls" he cried as he banged his fist on the floor, "it hurts so much"

"How's that for scrawny, Grog?" Miel laughed

"Fuck you!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the rest of the day, Percy spent it going over manners and etiquette as if the group were a bunch of children. And after going over manners, he took everyone shopping for formal clothes for the event. Scanlan found his outfit pretty easy. Vax didn't want any fancy outfit but they eventually found something that could suffice for at least the evening. Grog was the hardest since he was so big, but in the end they settled for a nice formal sash for him. The girls were a little easier to shop for. Pike found a pretty white dress that went well with her hair. Keyleth found a light green dress that matched with her horn ornament. Vex found a stunning dark blue with black dress with a slit on the left. Miel went with a simple wine red dress with a slit on the right side.

After getting their clothes, everyone went back to the keep. Percy gave Pike and Keyleth the job of helping Miel and Vex get ready, along with hair and makeup. As for him, he mostly had to deal with Vax, who kept fighting him on why he had to 'clean up' so much for a simple dinner event. Which resulted in Percy going on a lecture rant about it while he was getting him ready.

By the end of the day, everyone was ready.

"Remember what we practiced" Percy said when they were outside the castle, "be reserved, be charming

"Remember what we practiced" Percy said when they were outside the castle, "be reserved, be charming. Protocol."

Vax and Grog looked at him and curtsied. Miel chuckled, not really knowing if they were joking with him or not...well, maybe Grog wasn't.