It helps ease the soreness in her throat from all the crying and screaming. When she lays down, her body screaming in protest, Eve gets straight to work. She hands her a cold, damp cloth to place on her head. It helps to distract her from the pain as she further inspects her injuries.

She places an ice pack covered in a tea towel on the injured ribs and then she adds a unique ice pack onto her wrist; it's like a sleeve and it's cold all the way around.

It hurts when she puts it on, but it doesn't take long before her wrist turns a blissful kind of numb.

"I'm going to take your jumper off now, just to check of any other injuries." I freeze, knowing that I'm wearing a short sleeve t-shit underneath and she'll clearly see the cuts on her wrist.

She eventually nods because if she's truly a nurse, which Lilith doesn't doubt she is, then she doesn't think she'll say anything bad about them. Also Lilith feels weirdly relaxed around her, as awkward as this whole situation is she hasn't judged her or said a single thing.

It takes a few tries to get her jumper off, but once it's off she sees Eve's eyes immediately fall to her wrist. She doesn't look shocked, instead she gives her a knowing look. It irks her slightly at how calm she is, but she guesses with years of practice in the job she has she's forced to keep a neutral approach.

"Do you mind if I clean these?" She asks gently. Lilith closes her eyes and nod. It's humiliating in a lot of ways, someone seeing the damage she's done to herself. But she hasn't judged her, although she'd be lying if she wasn't waiting for Eve to mess up and say the wrong thing so she could get out of this situation.

She feels a slight stinging as Eve uses an alcohol wipe to clean them, they're a few days old but they've been bleeding since she made them. Most of the time she tries to just do shallow cuts, ones which heal quickly but give her just enough relief to not have a full on break down. This time was different though, if she's honest it was a suicide attempt.

She wasn't cutting for temporary release; she was cutting to die.

Clearly it didn't work though, or she wouldn't be here right now in even more pain than she was that day.

Eve has to grab another alcohol wipe to remove the excess blood, Lilith should probably have stitches but that would include either her learning to do stitches or going to the hospital. Neither are things she's keen on doing.

She hears the door open again and she freezes, looking into the familiar blue eyes that took her here. Lorenzo.

He looks down slowly and she sees him pause as he takes in the sight before him; Eve cleaning up blood that dripping from the cuts on her wrist.

He doesn't gasp like he did when he saw her tattoo, but Lilith sees him visibly stiffen and a strange emotion passes over his face. It's not sympathy but it's close to it and it makes her feel nauseous.

She closes her eyes so she doesn't have to watch him watching her any longer.

"Lorenzo, I'm nearly done. I'll leave you two alone in a second." Inside Lilith's screaming at her, begging her to not leave her with him. But on the outside, she's completely still, eyes still tightly shut.

She feels Eve wrapping her wrist in a bandage, she checks it's not too tight or too loose. Lilith hears her walk out of the room, quietly shutting the door behind her.

She doesn't want to open her eyes.

"Lilith, open your eyes." She hears Lorenzo say gently. How ironic.

She does open them, but she refuses to meet his intense gaze. Out of the corner of her eye she watches as he sits on the edge of the bed. She doesn't like this, he's higher up than her and it makes her uncomfortable.