Chapter 1: New Town

Y/n POV

My mom and I just moved from New York to Utah. After the divorce mom and dad had, mom got custody of me and my dad got custody of my brother/sister, (if you are an only child then you went with your mom for this story :D). It was hard for a while, me only being 10 but I managed to get through it (Btw the year is November of 1982). We managed to find a small home in a nice neighborhood. My mom found a job and the school was not far from the house so she does not need to worry about me getting home after school. I will miss my friends in New York but I hope I will make new ones here!.

Me and mom were moving stuff from the moving truck into the house. Like any kid, I was mainly bringing in my boxes into the house. I went back outside to see my mom talking to a guy that I haven't seen before. I went over to them to see who this guy was. "Oh sweetie, Meet William Afton! He is one of our new neighbors!" Mom said to me. "Nice to meet you Mr. Afton" I said to him and shaked his hand. "Nice to meet you Y/n! Your mother has said a lot about you!" He said to me. He was giving me a weird vibe so I went back to bring boxes into the house. I didn't realize the way Mr. Afton was looking at me as I left.

William POV

I was about to leave to go to the store when I saw a moving truck in front of the house across the street. 'Must be new neighbors" I thought. Hopefully the family won't be annoying and bother me when I'm working in the garage. I see a woman, about in her late 30 or early 40, moving what looks like a heavy box. I don't want her to see me and judge me for not helping her so I went over to her. "Hello ma'am, do you need any help?" I ask her. "Oh yes please!" she said, smiling at me. I helped her move the box out of the truck. "I'm William Afton, I live right across from you guys!" I said. "Oh well it's nice to meet you! I'm M/n L/n and my daughter is putting away some of her boxes inside" M/n said while pointing to the house behind her. "What about your husband?" I asked. "Oh well, I just got an divorce with him so it's just me and Y/n!" M/n says. 'So her daughter named Y/n, noted' I thought.

After a couple of minutes talking to M/n, A girl who looks around 9-11 came out of the house. She looked like she could be my daughter if I had to be honest. (I'm going to describe how Y/n looks but you don't have to follow it). She had long brown hair with blue eyes that looked like mine. She had more of a tan skin color like my wife had (in my AU, she is already dead at this time so... Yea) and some freckles on her cheeks. I felt something I haven't felt before. I want to protect and keep her safe. It felt like she was one of my kids. She came over and standed next to her 'mother'. "Oh sweetie, meet William Afton! He is one of our new neighbors!" M/n said to Y/n. "Nice to meet you Mr. Afton" Y/n said to me and shaked my hand. "Nice to meet you Y/n! Your mother has said a lot about you!" I said to her.

After that she went back inside to unpack her thing while I watched her walk away. 'She feels like a daughter to me and she doesn't have a father fighter anymore so maybe I can become her father! But I don't want to get with M/n so I must take Y/n for her own safety. But first I want to see how the kids like her. I don't really care but if they are getting a new sibling, they want to get to know her right?' I thought. "Sorry Ms. L/n, but I have to get going but will you and your daughter want to come for dinner Friday night?" I asked her. "Oh my, well I guess we could" M/n said. "Great, be there by 7!" I said while walking away. 'This will be a good way to see what Y/n likes so I can make one of the guest rooms into her room' I thought.

_______________________________________

This type of story has been stuck in my mind and I just want to type it down and share it! Tell me if you want more of this. Have an amazing Day/Night/Noon!

Word count- 805