A Life Together

Suggested/Idea by: Somebody_LikeMe
Note: Contains fluff, living together, Vox Akuma-centered, catching feelings, and feelings realization.

Enjoy!

-

Living together has made Vox notice many things of Ike.

His adorable half-asleep state when he wakes him up for breakfast. The way his eyes light up every time he gets an idea for his novel. The way he pouts when he's focused. The way he hums happily when drinking or eating something delicious. His most iconic one though, appearing out of nowhere when a can of soda is opened.

Vox thinks that Ike is very attractive, no doubt. He's an attractive man, yes, but Vox has never really seen him more than just a friend.

They've always interacted casually, not a single moment between has made him feel anything remotely special inside.

But lately, he's been feeling something. Contrary to what most people would expect, Vox doesnt feel nervous or his heart hammering against his chest around Ike. Feeling butterflies inside that makes him feel uneasy and all that.

No.

Instead, he feels as if he's at ease and just simply... Comfortable. Of course he feels this way to everyone that he's close with, but,

this one feels different.

And he can't quite figure it out yet.

-

"Ike?" He calls. He could faintly see light coming from the living room from where he is on the stairs and immediately knew what was happening.

Ike liked to binge watch series of different shows (or simply sing along to songs he likes) in a night and Vox would sometimes join him. It would go on till morning and Vox was usually the one to turn off the TV once Ike was asleep.

"Oh hey Vox." He says without looking back, eyes glued onto the screen as he watches what seems like an anime.

"What're you watching this time?" He asks, plopping down on the couch. He mildly recognizes the characters before focusing back on the other man.

Ike wore a blue hoodie and long grey pants to keep himself warm as the temperature would usually drop down at night. Vox himself wore a simple white T-shirt and long black pants, not very disturbed by the slight chill around the house.

"Romance. Tomo-chan Is a Girl. The couple has a great relationship, side ships are also great with great writing for the other characters." Ike responds absently.

"Sounds nice. Recommended?"

"10/10. Definitely."

-

A few hours pass, Ike has switched to another series and is now on the verge of falling asleep.

He tries to blink away the sleep but to no avail as he squints at the screen.

"Just a few more episodes.." He mutters. But a yawn escapes him and his mind starts to flicker. Vox glances at him and scoots closer.

"Let's stop for now and continue next time yeah? You look like you're gonna pass out any moment." He says as he wraps an arm from behind him.

"I wont.." Ike mumbles sleepily. He leans into the other man, his head laid atop Vox's shoulder, soft snores coming out from him.

Vox chuckles and pulls him closer. He closes his eyes and thinks.

What did he want? What did he feel?

Having Ike in his arms and cuddled againts him. Softly caressing his hair with a slightly faster heartbeat than usual. A desire growing inside him that he can no longer deny.

It's now obvious that Vox likes him. When he first realized that, he locked his room and buried his face into his pillow, mentally screaming his heart out. What made him realise was of course Ike himself.

-

At that time, they at a cafe trying out new desserts that they were selling. While eating, he had gotten some frosting on his face without noticing. Ike laughed and leaned foward which startled Vox a bit.

He wiped the frosting off his face with his thumb before sitting back down.

He stared at Vox straight in the eyes and god, he was so mesmerized by him. He did so and licked the frosting on his thumb, still keeping eye contact. He had a seductive look on his face, increasing whatever bubbling feeling in his chest was.

Vox had never felt heat rush to his face so quickly.

-

Haha. Good times.

Vox glanced down at the man. 'That settles it I guess.'

He felt like a teenager again, back when he had silly crushes which resulted in silly actions. He sighs. Atleast he isnt actually a teenager again. God knows how terrible he was back then.

But he's an adult. He has do this in a mature way. And as an adult, he's gained many things that his teenage self didn't have.

Ike.

Ahem.

Well, he doesnt wanna rush things and isnt even completely sure if Ike liked him back. But from some hints here and there... He definitely has a chance.

He plants a soft kiss on Ike's head.

"Good night, Ike."