Part 8

Virat was startled from his sleep hearing a sharp cry from Pakhi. He struggled through the blanket and got up.

"Pakhiii..... "

He rushed to her room. There she was lying on the floor, with blood oozing out of her right hand . He froze in his tracks seeing her writh in pain... he felt there was a movement near the curtain like somebody was there... but before he could process it, he rushed to Pakhi.

"Pakhi.... what happened... oh no !! "
"Aai..... mohit..... "

He cried out for help.

"Kya hua goduuu"......

Ashwini and everyone reached the stairs, all confused and half in sleep.
Their sleep fled in no time as they saw Virat coming down the stairs with Pakhi almost fainted in his arms and blood staining her dress.

"Bappa.... yeh sab kya hai.... Pakhi..... baada.... " Ashwini cried.

"Mohit , jaldi se ghadi nikaal. We have to take her to hospital " he said

At the hospital after dressing her wound, he tried to ask Pakhi what happened . The hospital staff too were there as they wanted her statement as to how the injury happened. She could barely speak, she was in shock. Though the wound wasn't too deep , her being heavily drugged because of her medications made it impossible for her to remember anything clearly.

"V..Viratt.... I heard some sound, I... I tried to wake up, but my head was spinning. I saw my hands bleeding, I fell down... may be the bedlight lamp broke... "

The hospital staff were convinced though Virat wasn't. He knew the wound wasn't from glass pieces.
"Did she try to take her life again " that was the question numbing his mind then. He didn't ask too much because that would lead the hospital staff to suspect something and he didn't want to put Pakhi in more trouble. After 2 hours of observation they took her home.

Mohit was driving and Virat sat with Pakhi in the back seat. She was again drowsy. That's when he thought of it "Pakhi has heavy sleep inducing medicines . He was with her till 1 am, setting up a switch near the bed, incase she needed him. Pakhi had taken her medicines late, and slept.... which meant she would be in deep sleep atleast for another 6 hours. Then, how can Pakhi be awake and injure herself or do something like this . Her wound was on her right hand. She was right handed too. His experience in case studies had taught him that much , people always use their dominant hand. So if it was she slashing her wrist, then the wound should have been on the left hand. Not like this. Something wasn't adding up.

Back home, everyone were utterly shocked at what just happened. Ashwini, Sonali and Karishma were relieved that Pakhi is out of danger. Sai was suspicious of Pakhi's intentions. Kaku was restless.

"Arrey Kaku, aap tension mat lijiye. Yeh Patralekha ka ek aur chaal hai. She would try something like this and everyone's sympathy will shift to her . Virat will take care of her. That's all she wants. Aap sab ko Virat ne ye baat bataya hai ya nahi, yeh mein nahi jaanti... par Patralekha ne jab Vinu ko leke ghar choda tha, she had Virat's service revolver with her and threatened to take her life "

Everyone looked at Sai, shocked .

Pakhi was going upstairs when she heard Sai saying that . She looked at Virat helplessly and said : "nahi Virat... iss baar mein ne aisa kuch nahi kiya tha.... Trust me, I didn't try to.... "

Virat held her closely to himself . "I know ... you don't have to prove anything". He took her to his room and asked her to sleep there. Then he went to her room, and saw that the bedlamp that broke had no sharp edges which could cause a wound. He examined the room carefully and then checked the cctv as well.