Part - 6

Trigger Warning : This part contains certain portions about Suicide attempts and medical conditions. If you are not comfortable reading , please don't. After all, its just a story, not worth to disturb our mental peace over it. I haven't given any detailed description, yet if the topic is triggering, please feel free to skip. You can read from the next part.

Disclaimer : The medical condition referred here is only fictional. Though anxiety causes some brain issues, the things written in story are not factual. It's just for the sake of the story.

Now, let's read .... _______________________________________

Virat sat at the cafe with Vinay and Divya. He felt grateful to Vinay for being there for Pakhi and inspiring hope in her. But,his mind wandered around that one question, "why aren't they taking him to Pakhi".

"Vinay..... I can't tell you how grateful I am to you, for being with Pakhi when she needed someone with her "

"She is like my sister, Sir. Why won't I do that much for her "

"Vinay... Divyaa... don't mind me asking ? Is anything wrong ? " Virat asked with his heart beating faster.

"What ! No... sir... no. What can go wrong , nothing .. " Divya stammered.

"Then, please take me to Pakhi. I assure you that I won't create any problems for her or you guys... please .. please ... I want to meet her "

"Sure, Sir... but"

Virat 's worst fears were now coming true....

"Tell me, tell me....whatever it is . Isn't Pakhi here ? Did she leave once she got to know that I will be here ? Did she say she doesn't want to meet me ? " After asking a barrage of questions, he suddenly fell silent.... his lips tightened and his face fell... he could barely raise his tongue to ask what he dreaded the most :
"Did something happen to her ? "

They stood in silence not knowing how to tell him.

Virat held Vinay's shoulder and shook him, "please, show some mercy on me... please tell me... what happened to her... kahi usse kuch ho tho nahi.... "

"Sir, Patra di is alright. She stays in an apartment near by. We will take you there. But, we haven't told her that you are coming " Divya said in a breath.

Virat looked at her and Vinay in tandem. He knew there was something wrong.

" Sir... you are right. There is something we didn't tell you . Di is alright. But... "

"But .. ? But what Vinay ? " Virat asked in a staggering stance.

"She is in treatment. She has a medical condition "

Virat looked at him in confusion.

"Sir, di was alright until a month back. Or that is what we believed. But them 3 weeks back, she suddenly stopped coming to office. By afternoon,when she didn't attend answer the phone calls, we went to her place. "

Virat felt his head going dizzy, but he had to stay strong.

"Then ? "

"We found her room unlocked , but she wasn't responding. Then, we found her in the bedroom, lying unconscious. We rushed her to the hospital. The doctors initially suspected it as a case of medicine overdose. But when Patralekha di gained consciousness, she admitted that she tried to end her life "

Virat's world was falling apart. His mouth went dry , head dizzy and all he could hear was Vinay's words echoing around his head and darkness coming over his eyes.

"Sir... sir... please sit here"

Vinay held Virat from falling, while Divya got him a chair. He refused to rest.