Part -1 Introduction

Pakhi is lost after Virat's ex wife once again walks back into their life and home. Having her life fall apart before her again, Pakhi takes a decision to leave Virat. She leaves with a letter to him.
_______________________________________

Virat stood at the door, waiting for it to be opened. He wished Sai would be the one to open. "Why would she... it will be Pakhi ". Just the thought of having to see Pakhi irritated him. His jaws clenched as he heard the door cling open , as if he had the stiff,uninterested face ready for his wife.

Kaku opened the door and welcomed him with a smile.

"Virat... why are you so late ? Vinu and Savi might be asleep now. Can't you be home a little more early. Savi was asking for you."

"Oh... I will meet her now. Waise , I have got chocolates for her and Vinu ".

Kaku smiled as Virat walked up the stairs. She had lied that kids were looking for Virat. She just wanted Virat to meet Sai.

"Don't you think, you are playing cupid between Sai and Virat? Pakhi won't be happy, khush, pleased with all this . I tell you." Sonali asked Bhavani puzzled with all that just happened.

'Who does Patralekha think she is ? What rights does she have on him? A wife for namesake. A marriage out of majboori. That's it. She can't even give this family a heir now, what's the use of keeping her here. Sai is the Queen of Chavan Nivas and I will bring her back. Don't you see , how easily Sai agreed to stay in this house.Vinu bas bahana hai. Did she hesitate one bit to walk out of this house with Vinu earlier ? No , naa. Then why is she staying now. It's not like she has no other place to stay. She too wants to be here. I am just re uniting them. Patralekha jiye ya mare, mujhe koi farak nahi padta".

Sonali was left tongue tied at Bhavani's words.

"Kyun... itni heiraani kyu ho rahi hai Sonali ? Meine wahi kaha , jo sach hai. Do you remember me giving Sai, the responsibility of this house 8 saal pehle ? I told then itself that I see myself in her. The ability to turn any situation into her benefit. Not caring about what someone else might feel, always doing what she feels right. Isn't she just like me. Ofcourse there are differences in thought. We are of different generations, you see. But , she is not bewakoof like your bahu. Saari zindagi Karishma kept serving in this house, did she become anyone's favourite ? No...Not even her husband's. And look at Ashwini ,woh kya kehte hai aaj kal ke woke internet users ? "Doormat " ... haa " bas ...doormat " . Neither Ninad respects her nor anyone else. Haa, bas ek Virat hai, who loves her. Aai jo hai. Aur Patralekha ki baat hi mat karo. Bewakoof aurat ! Sharam naam ki cheez hi nahi hai usme ... what she is getting from Virat is what she did to Samrat. Ignored him just like the way Virat ignores her now and ran around Virat , just like he runs around Sai now. She thought she is the master of games. But , she fell into the traps I made for her. You tick here because you know to play some games Sonali... don't you . You know how not to get your family life into trouble while poking your nose into everybody else'. That's good.

Kaku continued , "but Sai is different. She knows when to use people , when to throw them away. She wanted to complete her education, she did. Bas, baag jaathi thi kabhi kabhi, but always made sure she never went too far where she can't be brought back. Kept Virat tied around her little finger, and didn't look beyond herself to leave him once and for all.
Look at how she treated Ashwini. Bechari was running around her bahu raani, loved her like a daughter , went against me and the family for her... but did Sai care once to inform her that she was alive ? No naa... Even now she will show she has love and respect for Ashwini, but not more than what is needed to keep her boat afloat. That's the practicality I love in her. She loves people , but not more than herself. Just like me. We both are sides of the same coin. We change our rules , principles and games as per the situation. "

Virat walked past Savi's room. He saw Sai ,Savi and Vinu asleep. He wanted to stay there. If only he could listen to his heart, he would shift to that room. How he wished to walk inside! But.... the reality is something else and he will have to spend another night in his room with Pakhi. It was getting unbearable for him to stay with her. He wondered how for the past 8 years , he had lived with that woman, though in a marriage for namesake. She being rude to Sai was not something he could accept. So Now he could not take it anymore.

He walked into the bedroom and was pleased to see Pakhi not there.
"Pheww... good ! Atleast I can take a shower without being bombarded with her questions. " he told himself.

"Godu.... tumne khaana kaaya ? "

"Nahi Aai... bahut bhook lagi hai " Virat said brushing off the water from his hair.

"Mein abhi khaana lagati hoo... "

"Ok Aai.."

"Patralekha kaha hai "

"Hogi yahi kahi... must be walking around somewhere to find my mistakes or find new reasons to trouble Sai " Virat said with the least attention possible.

"Achaa... I didn't see her from afternoon. " Ashwini said with worry creeping up her face.

"Aai... why are you worried for her? She is not a little child . If she has gone out , she knows the way to come back too. "

"Godu... mujhe naa kuch acha nahi lag raha hai .. I will ask Mohit, if they have any meetings today".

"Aai.... she will be back, when she wants. Stop giving people more importance than they deserve" he said visibly uninterested.

" she will be back, when she wants ? We are talking about Pakhi , Virat. Not Sai. " Ashwini said with bursting anger.

"What are you saying , Aai ? "

"Just this , Virat. That , she is Pakhi. Not Sai, that she will come when she wants, will leave when she wants, will love people when she wishes, will leave everyone when she feels to do so .... The one I am talking about is Pakhi... Patralekha ! The one who never left. The one who stayed. "

With Ashwini's words slowly sinking into his ears, Virat for the first time thought of the possibility of Pakhi gone missing. Did she run away taking his Vinu ?

"But Vinu is here " Virat mumbled unknowingly.

He wasn't worried. Not even a bit. What more drama can she create ? Run away ? Kidnap Vinu ? Stage a fake suicide attempt ? What else ? He has seen it all.

Ashwini had gone to Mohit's room to ask about Pakhi.

Virat walked back to his room with the happiness of not having to stay suffocated with Pakhi in that room .

The next day morning , Virat woke up feeling so much peace and happiness in his mind. He felt light. He came downstairs.

Everyone except Sai were assembled in the hall. All looked worried.
He had overslept it seems. He rued himself for having lost the chance to drop Sai to the Hospital.

Just then Sai walked into the hall. Virat looked at her mesmerised.

"Why are you all looking at me ? " he asked .

"You are asking us, Virat ? " Omi kaka asked .

"Kya ? "

"Kya nahi kidhar ? Kidhar hai Patralekha, Virat ? Ashwini asked with an anger and disappointment that Virat never saw in his mom .

(to be continued..... )

_______________________________________

I really love grey characters.... No one is perfect . And that's how this story will be. Every thought I as a viewer had while watching the show is expressed here in characterisations. I see all characters flawed. It could be offending for some who sees characters flawless. But I see them flawed In different levels, different degrees. No one is white , innocent or pure , that's what I perceived from the show's story line. So here it is...

Thanks to the lovely readers who wanted me to write more on the show and also the on going tracks. Hope you enjoyed reading this update.