Chapter One: Revelation

Start from the beginning

"I think I'm starting to get that you mean, but can you explain that in more bark bark terms? I'm a bit dumb." I say.

"Okay. Imagine you buy a pack of Pokemon cards from Target. You open that pack to find no rare cards. The pack is a waste of money. You go back in time to before you bought the pack and instead buy the pack you could have bought. That would mean once you opened it and found a rare card, you never would have gone back in time. It's a paradox." R explains.

"But if you change the past, you change the future, right?" I ask.

"But what would happen to the future where you had the non-rare pack of cards? Would it cease to exist? Everyone in that future with their own wills... they and everything that had happened to them would cease to exist?" R asks.

I think for a moment.

"It would just go back though, right? It would never exist." I say.

"No. That is why that girl with the pink Post It notes says your brother will never return to you." R says grimly.

What?

WHAT?

"What?" I ask.

"He was sent back in time by that Kamisato boy to change something bad that happened in this present. When he returns... He will return only to an alternate reality. It is impossible to change any future, only to redirect yourself into another world, one where your problems are solved." R says.

My heart drops from my chest onto the floor and seeps through any cracks.

"How do I fix that?" I ask.

"What?" R asks, clearly taken aback.

"I refuse to lose my brother. How do I fix this? How do I bring him back to this... world?" I ask desperately.

"Scaramouche....only the gods have a slight chance at changing the future." R says.

"Then how do I become a god?" I ask.

I'll...I'll do anything to not be alone.

I'll do anything to get my brother back.

R stays silent for a moment before speaking up again.

"Surprise surprise, that's what Topaz and Akechi are planning to do with you." R says.

I stop for a moment.

"What?" I ask.

"The call it the 'God Creation Plan.' Apparently it was started by one of Topaz's students but she took it over. They were planning to use someone from your family but decided on you because you have a stronger mind than your brother." R says.

"That is true...I really don't care what other people do or say to me..." I mutter with a smile.

"That is a strength, but it can also be a weakness. It means those with exceptional manipulation powers can use you easily." R says.

"You make this sound like an anime." I mutter.

"However....there is another way to get your brother back." R says.

"Then tell me." I say.

"How familiar are you with Norse mythology?" R asks.

"Where is this going?" I ask.

"Answer me." R demands.

"I mean, I'm familiar with it, I guess." I say.

"Do you know what Yggdrasil is?" R asks.