Chapter 23 Part 1

Start from the beginning

Everyone piped up at this. It's true. Someone's backing them and we can't trace them with our resources if we can't trace someone.... It's bad news.

"It could be Wilson behind" Alex chimed in.

"Wilson has fled, just like his daughter, but it's not him, there are bigger hands at play here. And we will find it." Said Pa.

"The Marchetti will be under the Orlov protection you will be living in the main house. You will in no way participate in this investigation...well manhunt to be exact" Baba said.

The Marchettis started to protest when I held up a hand silencing them.

"You are all on very thin ice. And I do not trust you, idiots, for shit. You let three women play the fool with you FOR YEARS. YOU KICKED YOU, 13-YEAR-OLD CHILD, OVER THESE WOMEN. AND I WILL NOT LET THE RUSSIAN MAFIA ANYWHERE NEAR YOUR IDIOCRASY. YOU ARE SUPPOSEDLY THE SECOND MOST POWERFUL MAFIA IN THE FUCKING WORLD!! LOOTED LIKE A BUNCH OF AMATEURS!" I screamed slamming my hand onto the table.

There was silence around the table. I pinched the bridge of my nose trying to calm down.

I saw past phone I looked up and saw he was reading a text message. He excused himself and walked out of the conference.

Strange.

Ji was in the room now. he was asking Marchetti questions. Dahlia and the girls.

Half an hour later we were ready to conclude the meeting when Ste popped his head inside.

"Vanya" he called out.

"We are almost done," I said asking him to wait.

"My apologies Tsarina, this cannot wait "

I moved out and led to pasha's office. I saw him sitting on his chair with a grave expression on his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked him, a little sceptical.

"We have found some information as to who the mole is"

Hearing this made me perk up a little but my thrill died down seeing his face.

"Judging by your face.... It's someone close, isn't it?" I ask, saying different prayers in my head.

"V... it's bad. And it's gonna be really bad if more proof comes to the surface"

I clenched my teeth bracing myself for the name.

"Who?"

"....."

I could feel the atmosphere become cold and intense,

"WHO"

"ITS ARI!!" Pa screamed.

*Third Person POV*

Vanya's entire world came to a stop when she heard the name come out of Pasha's mouth.

She burst out laughing in shock.

"ARI? OUR ARIYAH? PA c'mon! She's my informer and tech! if she wanted anyone of us dead. We would have been dead years back/!!" she said laughing

'Vanya, that's what we thought as well. I trust her to V, but the evidence..."

"What evidence!?!?! What could falter your faith in her?" Vanya asked incredulously.

Ste had placed a set of documents in front of Vanya who was now sitting at the edge of her seat.

She opened the file scanning through the details.

There it was.

Evidence.

Flights to different places. Unreported transaction amounts. And even photographs of her meeting cartel members....