Special Fortune Cookies (B.T.Y.)

It felt good to be back to Vienna. Seb once again had to be present at the press conference of Bio Bienen Apfel, one of the projects that was close to his heart, as one of their ambassadors. Gia surely accepted the news with a delighted feeling. Not only could she meet her mother and friends, but she could also visit her favourites places, especially her own bookstore.

That would be his first public appearance after the last time people, especially his fans, saw him compete at the Race of Champions in Sweden back in January. Although he failed to bring a trophy as Team Germany and himself individually only reached the semi-final stage, but the spectators were still so happy to watch him. After his retirement from Formula 1, his appearance was so awaited.

Some contents like the docuseries about environment and climate change in which he was involved in and a photo of him with an employee of Lego House in Denmark had become the cure for their longing towards him. And also, the announcement of him becoming a lead investor and a Global Brand Advocate of a nutrition drink product was also an unexpected but wonderful news for them.

As a good news, Britta was still working for him. She agreed to become his personal assistant and he really appreciated her loyalty for so long. It meant that she would also be present at the press conference as there would definitely be some interviews that he had to face.

The two friends were almost ready to go to MuseumsQuartier, the same venue as in 2021. While Gia, Ludwig, and Adelina would stay at home. They had also invited Mariska, Tobias, and their daughter to have dinner together at their house that evening.

"Gorgeous, it's time for us to go," Seb announced. He had looked very neat with a fern green shirt, a pair of black jeans, and also a pair of oxford shoes. He also brought one of his black jackets as it was quite windy.

Gia approached him and smiled. "Yeah. Good luck and enjoy your time. I'll watch the stream with mom."

"Nice. I hope that I can learn some new things from today."

"Of course you will."

He pulled her neck gently to kiss her forehead and lips. He also lifted Ludwig and gave some little kisses on his cheeks until he felt ticklish and couldn't hold his laugh before saying goodbye to them.

After locking the door, Gia was walking back to the living room where Ludwig was watching a cartoon movie while sitting on his grandmother's lap. She quickly took a seat next to her.

"Gia, what will we prepare for tonight?" Adelina asked.

"I'm planning to make Käsespätzle (Bavarian egg noodles dish) for the dinner. And I want to try to make fortune cookies."

She raised her brows. "Fortune cookies?"

"Yeah," she nodded. "I read the recipe a couple of days ago and I think that it's quite easy. It will be nice for the dessert."

"Okay. Just let me know what I have to do to help you."

Gia rested her hand on her mother's knee. "It's fine. I'll do the task myself."

Adelina smiled at her. Since her son-in-law retired, it seemed that Gia was really enjoying her life as much as he was. She once told her that she loved to cook whatever he wanted as he wasn't really strict to his diet routine after he stopped racing, although he was still quite selective on things he could consume.

"Anyway, Gia, how is Seb now? I mean, has he missed racing already? I read somewhere that his former team is performing well now."

"As far as I know that he doesn't regret his decision. He's really happy that they become competitive now compared to the last two years when he was there. He also told me that he congratulated some people in the team when they got a podium place on the first race."