A New Era Begins (B.T.Y.)

Author's note: Hi, everyone! Are there any of you who are missing Seb and Gia (plus baby Ludwig)? Here's a short story of this little family ahead of F1 2021 season🥰

Gia had just bathed Ludwig. She wrapped him in a baby towel. She kissed his chubby cheek before she laid him on a changing pad set. "Hello, my handsome boy!" she greeted while massaging him gently with using baby oil.

Ludwig who had been around 3 months old responded with a little smile. Then, she heard a knock on the door and it was open right after. She smiled when her husband entered the room.

"Did my boy enjoy his bath?" Seb asked as he was approaching his wife and son.

"Of course, Papa!" Gia replied him and both of them laughed.

Looking at his beautiful wife who was taking care of their child was the most amazing thing that he'd ever seen. But unfortunately, as the new season was incoming, he had to miss some moments with his little family.

That day, he was about to leave to England as his team, Aston Martin, was going to launch their car on the 3rd March. Actually, the launch itself wasn't a live event. Seb, Lance, Otmar, Lawrence, and also the Technical Director, Andrew, were going to do a video shoot on the 28th February, which was a day after his flight. Then, the video would be published on the team's website and YouTube channel on Wednesday.

Because Ludwig was still too young and the pandemic was still happening, Seb insisted Gia to stay at home and then he would consider if they could come to some European races when the season started.

Thankfully, she was very understanding. She knew that staying at home was the best option for Ludwig and herself. Besides, she couldn't forget the fact that she still had a job as the owner of her bookstore, alongside Mariska.

Thinking that there was an opportunity, Seb offered Gia some help. "Gia, is it okay if I put the diaper and clothes on him?"

"Sure! But let me give him some skin cream first."

Gia put the skin cream on her palm before applying it to Ludwig. It was very useful to soothe and moisturize his face and body. She didn't forget to apply some baby powder as well. She smiled as she always loved baby's scent.

After that, Seb started to diaper his son. It was a lovely moment to see, Gia thought to herself. She remembered that both of them had made common mistakes like putting a diaper on backward or lopsided. But they surely did plenty of practice until they did it properly.

"You don't need to worry, Gia. I'm a pro now," Seb joked, as if he could read her mind.

She bit her bottom lip as she was trying to hold her laugh. "I know, right?" Then, she stared at his suitcase. "Have you rechecked everything that you'll bring?"

"I have!" Seb replied, while starting to put some clothes on Ludwig. It didn't take to long for him to finish it. After he looked tidy, he carried him. "Our boy is looking cool, isn't he?"

"Of course! As cool as his father," Gia stated.

"Glad that you know it," Seb chuckled. "Sorry, Gia. Can you please carry him? I need to bring my bags outside."

"Sure."

Ludwig moved from his father's arms to his mother's. Gia could feel that he was a little sad when Seb released him. Seemed like he knew that his father wouldn't be home for a few days.

Gia brought Ludwig and one of his favourite teether toys to the living room. While, Seb took his rucksack and suitcase to his car as he would put it on the boot.

Seb would have a morning flight, so it wouldn't be long before he left. He quickly went back into his house as he didn't want to waste a little time he had with his wife and son.