forty five | day of the moon

Start from the beginning

With yet another nod of his head, the Doctor replied, "Better?"

While Rory started to make his way over towards the two of them, Amy told the Doctor, "Turns out I was wrong. I'm... I'm not pregnant."

As he came to a halt beside Amy, Rory asked her, "What's up?"

With a mere turn of her head, Amy said to him, "Nothing." After letting out a chuckle, she said, "Really, nothing, seriously."

While the Doctor walked away from the married couple, Canton said, "So you've seen them, but you don't remember them."

River replied, "You've seen them, too. That night at the warehouse, remember? While you were pretending to hunt us down, we saw hundreds of those things. We still don't know what they look like."

Then Rory told Canton, "It's like they edit themselves out of your memory as soon as you look away. The exact second you're not looking at them, you can't remember anything."

Then Amy said, "Sometimes you feel a bit sick, though, but-but not always."

With a nod of his head, Canton asked her, "So that's why you marked your skin?"

Amy said to him, "Only way we'd know if we'd had an encounter."

Canton asked them, "How long have they been here?"

Amy told him, "That's what we spent the last three months trying to find out."

As he crossed his arms over his chest, Rory said, "Yeah, not easy, if you can't remember anything you discover."

As he looked between Amy and Rory, Canton asked them, "But how long do you think?"

The Doctor said to him, "As long as there's been something in the corner of your eye or creaking in your house or breathing under your bed or voices through a wall." As he looked around at the others, he said, "They've been running your lives for a very long time now, so keep this straight in your head. We are not fighting an alien invasion. We're leading a revolution. And today the battle begins."

Canton asked him, "How?"

In turn, the Doctor said to him, "Like this."

Then he turned around and used the device on River, who yelled with a mere shake of her hand, "Ow!"

As he turned to face Annabelle, who only held out one of her hands towards him, and used the device on her, the Doctor said, "Nano recorder. Fuses with the cartilage in your hand." After using it on himself, he said, "Ow! Then it tunes itself directly to the speech centers in your brain. It'll pick up your voice, no matter what. Telepathic connection."

While Annabelle simply eyed the blinking red light that was shown in the palm of his hand, the Doctor said, "So, the moment you see one of the creatures, you activate it and describe aloud exactly what you're seeing."

Then the Doctor pressed onto the center of his palm before they could hear his voice saying, "And describe aloud exactly what you're seeing."

Then the Doctor told them, "Because the moment you break contact, you're going to forget it happened." Then he looked over at Annabelle and said to her, "And, no, Annabelle, that doesn't mean that you can describe it in whatever way that you believe suits you best. You have to describe it in a way that the rest of us can actually understand that doesn't involve you possibly insulting or threatening it."

While Annabelle only tilted her head in response to his words, the Doctor said, "Now, back to what I was saying. The light will flash if you've left yourself a message. You keep checking your hand. If you've had an encounter, that's the first you'll know about it."