Diluc - Freedom [2]

Like is different from love

Like is different from love, so simple yet so complex. After all, both harbor similar feelings, such as the want to have it or the desire to use it for your own happiness.

But a pivotal difference between the two is that liking something can be chosen, whereas loving something, or someone comes unexpectedly like a sudden storm in a supposed sunny day.

And the reason why loving is so important is that it makes you realize that you desire them not because you just want them, because you know that you needed them.

You love them, because your relationship is not tied on benefits and interest alone, but on trust and a relationship built on mutual respect, acceptance, and affection for each other.

Perhaps this is why married couples who already passed their loving honeymoon stage after a few years still choose to stay together despite the feeling not being present anymore, perhaps they realize that loving each other is not just tied on just feeling it, it's something that grows as a part of you as time goes by.

Perhaps it's also why some people choose to make a path for themselves despite the shackles placed unto them by their family.

You can choose to like something and leave it once full of it, but in love, even if you fool yourself into thinking you're done, you find yourself yearning for it.

Such simple yet deep concept, but Diluc keeps on torturing himself every night as to why it took long for him to realize that.

It's an obvious fact that the winery owner has neve been fond of emotions, ever since the death of his father and the conflict between him and his brother. The concept of attachment has become far more scarier than death.

With that, he chose to isolate himself, his damned abandonment issues prevented him from ever placing an ounce of trust to whoever or whatever, that was an internal promise he made for himself.

For so long he has viewed the knights as futile, hypocritical, never to be trusted. Every single praise he hears from the people for the knights can only be met by a silent scoff from him.

Hypocritical as they may be, that doesn't mean he can't deny the fact that the daughter of the Gunnhildr clan was admirable in her work.

Even if he refuses to admit it, he probably sees her as wasted talent, for burdening herself as the only actually sane and honorable person within the knights.

With that amidst his snarky remarks, he has developed a sense of respect, something that is not left unseen by the eyes of the people.

Immediately thinking the extremes of most situations, the people immediately thought that the dawn winery's owner act of respect equates to that of fancying him.

With such controversial rumors being an easy access to mainstream news, that would obviously reach the ears of the two main stars.

Although disturbed by the situation, the two agreed to never look more and not waste their effort in trying to clear things up and just wait for the public to get tired of the rumors and news.

But it seemed that even if the rumors had gone down, people still assume that the latter, annoying, really.

His respect for the acting grandmaster simply stops at respecting her, admiring her work, and liking the way she acts as the only sane person within the knights of mondstadt, nothing more, nothing less.

So not caring about anything at all, he just let the people think with whatever they want, after all in the city of freedom, you can't hinder the freedom of speech, as annoying as it is.