Can You Fight?

a request from tumblr :)

-----

"Babygirl, come here a second!" Taylor called out to you from the kitchen. You noticed she had her phone propped up, filming a video.

"What are you up to?" you eyed her skeptically.

She opened her arms and gestured for you to come sit in her lap. Wrapping her arms around your waist, she held her laptop in front of you both, a series of screenshots loaded into multiple tabs.

Expecting some affectionate comments from fans, you excitedly leaned closer to the screen.

y/n l/n can you fight?

"Fight?" you cocked your head to the side, it was something you did often. Taylor noticed this and often compared you to her cats.

"Fight what?" you nervously whispered to Taylor, a little camera shy. "The fan," she giggled. "Of course not, I'd never hurt anyone that respects you," you frowned. "I think they mean fight to have me, babe," she had the most mischievous grin on her face.

Your heart was beating a million miles an hour, fear coursing through your veins. "Tay, baby. I don't know how to fight," your voice wavered, tears welled up in your eyes as you hid your face from the camera in her shoulder.

She closed the laptop, holding you in silence for a minute, knowing her words would fall on deaf ears if she attempted to speak too soon.

She waited until you sniffled quietly before she spoke, "it's okay, my love. I can fight for the both of us. look at these muscles," she flexed her biceps, making you giggle.

"There's that pretty smile I love," she kissed your cheek.

Your voice broke as you rested your forehead against hers, I'm sorry, I ruined your tiktok." Immediately, she held your face in her hands with the utmost delicacy, "oh, my sweet girl, you could never ruin anything. if it's okay, i'd love to post some of the footage?"

You pondered it for a few moments, eventually deciding to let her upload it, however she cut out the long silent embrace you shared.

Comments immediately began to flood in.

keyl1megreen: if anyone dares to fight y/n again, I have a feeling Taylor will be having a stern word with them🤭

shesanactress: this is the most adorable thing i've seen ever🥰

beckyisntdead: i'm so ready to fight to protect y/n

tswizzledoulikedem: we need more domestic content omg my heart🥺

"I love you, beautiful girl. nobody could ever compete with you, you're on a whole other level," she held you extra close to her that night, her heart swelling at the thought of spending her entire life with you by her side, there to read fan comments with her.