He went for a heavy hit to my skull, but I blocked it, feeling his jewel covered arm clash with the crystals atop my own.

His reflection over the collision of our quirks was terrifying, gold eyes starting to drip with blood from the overuse he was putting his body through.

Between controlling the thousands of jeweled necklaces outside, and everything else he's done, he's only functioning with about fifty percent of his quirk right now.

That means, if he'd been at one hundred percent, I would have been dead a long time ago by now.

He let out a demented chuckle and pinned my stomach down with his knee, "How lucky was it that you turned out to be quite the poor fighter? If you'd had your mother's talent and combined that with your body composition, you might have actually stood a chance."

His demonic frame crushed my ribcage, showing no mercy as he whipped his hand across my face with enough force to draw blood.

"But, did you really think you'd be able to beat me alone? Someone who struggles to take down low grade villains? Someone who cracks under the simple pressure of saying hello? My dear, surely you're not that naive." He spat, lunging his arm straight for my neck.

I crossed my crystal covered arms over my face and blocked his hand, gritting my teeth as I struggled underneath his body weight.

"You've been weak the whole time." He said with a mocking amount of pity, "It's not logical to believe you'd be able to gain some unrealistic power up for the final battle."

His knee dug harder between my ribs, making me simultaneously want to puke and explode all at once.

Even as his daughter choked out for air, he pressed forward, trying to move my arms away from my neck.

"No. While I'll admit you've grown quite a bit of courage, it doesn't enhance your talents. You're still you, and I'm still me." He glared coldly, raising his arm in the sky.

From his bloody, sweaty hand, he formed a green jewel and turned it into the shape of a knife, driving the blade forward with an aggressive amount of force.

He was done toying with me now. He was out to kill me with that strike.

I gripped his wrist before it could reach me, causing our muscles to shake against each other as we tried to overpower the other's force.

Now he tried to pull back and stab me somewhere else, but I kept a tight hold on his wrist, refusing to let it go as he jerked it around.

He found that amusing, chuckling hoarsely and shaking his head for my refusal to give up.

"You're only prolonging your suffering. No one has the ability to best me, Violet. Not the heroes. Not the villains. Not you, even with your immune body composition. There's no one here that could possibly be equal enough to defeat me."

The closer his blade came to my face, the more I was starting to think he was right...

...until a flash of something zipped between us, knocking the jeweled blade right out of Midas' hand.

It was his own quirk, but it didn't come from him, causing us to look at the person who had entered the mansion.

"You're wrong." Tsuyo said, hovering another jewel above their palm.

Their suit was splattered with blood-some of it their own, and some of it not-and their arsenal of jewels atop it had dwindled down to almost nothing.

Midas looked at them blankly for a moment before breaking out into a breathless chuckle. I couldn't tell if he seemed devastated or filled with disbelief. Perhaps it was both.