Fall

Even with the fight being two against one, Eclipse and Luna were still at a disadvantage. The hybrid was bigger, stronger, and could use more of its body as a weapon than they could. But Eclipse knew at this point Owen was likely less than a minute away, his gun wouldn't do anything and he'd be an easy target. There was no way they could win this fight in a minute.

"But maybe we can lead him somewhere else."

Eclipse barked an order to Luna and the younger Raptor jumped off the hybrid's back, following her mother and she ran deeper into the forest. When the hybrid didn't follow Luna gave her mother a concerned look. But Eclipse had planned for this, she had only caught part of its fight with (Y/N) but she knew that he had run around to get in front of her. As long as they could out-pace him long enough to get where Eclipse was leading them, they could win. She could still smell him, if they faltered for even a second he'd be on top of them. Eclipse could sense Luna's fear mixing with determination, but beyond leading the hybrid, this plan didn't involve her. Owen's scent was fading away behind them, still following but by the time he caught up, with any luck, this would be over. 

Slowly, the forest faded away around them, revealing a cliff decorated with a few stubborn trees and sharp rocks jutting out of the wall. There was only about 20 feet between the forest and the cliff and just before they were completely out of the forest Eclipse slammed into Luna's side, knocking her over and temporarily stunning her. She felt bad about it but she was almost too much like (Y/N), even if she told Luna to stay, she'd follow her, insisting on helping. It was strange how similar they were. But there was no time to stop and think, she had slowed her pace just enough that the hybrid had gotten ahead of her and thought, without looking around, that it had cut her off. 

The original plan had just been to knock him off the cliff and even if the fall didn't kill him, he'd be injured, and killing him would be easy. But in the heat of the moment, her grief shifted into rage and when she slammed into him with everything she had, they both went over the cliff. Eclipse didn't panic as it happened. Once (Y/N) had discovered the cliff, she had trained Eclipse so that if it ever came to it, she would be able to use it to her advantage. Part of that had meant very carefully exploring the side of the cliff, as long as it hadn't changed too much, she'd have the home-field advantage. After all this time, revenge was finally within her grasp, she wanted it so bad she could taste it. She always tried to kill an opponent as quickly and painlessly as possible. But she wanted him to suffer, she wanted to hear him roar in pain, tear his body apart piece by piece, and watch his blood pour out of his body, she wanted him to die as slowly and painfully as possible. 

"Karma's a bitch!"

A/N: Sorry, another cliffhanger, I can't help it😅