"What happened with his sister?" Arthur asked.

Charlie looked around, there weren't many people around, but the Weasleys weren't the only visitors. Before he answered he walked them over to the rock Killian had been sitting on when they first saw him.

"His sister was a seer, when she was 10 her mind was wandering in the magic realm and someone killed her. Her body is still alive, but she's permanently comatose. She is staying with the dragon shifters because her mate is one and they can't manage to be away from her for long. They barely managed to get to her after her mind's death. The poor kid then had to lose all of their parents. One was tortured to death, one was tortured into insanity, and the last only remembers up to her wedding with her partners and is searching for them. Killian refuses to leave his only family for long. He doesn't need to worry about these dragons because of the protection of the shifters. Val kicks him out every now and then to get some air. I went over because he doesn't get on with most of the people who work here." Charlie sat with a sigh.

He had not been allowed in the dragon shifter area more than most, he had only entered once when he was helping Killian back in after he collapsed. He had been out when his inheritance came. Unlike the other employees of the dragon sanctuary, Charlie was not angry with not being allowed to enter the shifter's area. It made sense, unlike the dragons who needed a lot of help, the shifters were basically their employers, and didn't need their help.

"Poor kid." Molly couldn't help but think of Harry when she saw Killian.

"Exactly," Charlie looked after the two of them. "I hope the two of them are good for each other."

-----

"So, um, which school do you go to?" Fred scrambled around for a question to ask the beautiful man he was destined to be with.

"I don't. I didn't go to Hogwarts because rema didn't want us to deal with Dumbledore like they had to. I went to a mixed school for a little less than a year. I came to live with the dragon shifters after that, they taught me everything else." Killian avoided talking about his parents much, and Fred didn't pry.

"I attended Hogwarts," Fred turned to look at a dragon that was particularly loud. "I don't know about Dumbledore being bad, but it's certainly been chaotic. You Know Who was possessing our DA teacher in second year and- oh my god I hit him in the face." Fred's face paled as he realised, though he couldn't help the laugh building in his chest.

"What?" Killian looked confused, but amused.

"You Know Who was in the back of the DA teacher's head. George and I bewitched snowballs to keep hitting him in the back of the head. We hit You Know Who in the face, repeatedly." Fred's cheeks were starting to get pink again as he grinned at their stupidity.

The two ended up laughing about the shenanigans Fred and George got up to in Hogwarts, including some that probably weren't funny. Eventually Killian joined in with his own stories with the dragon shifters. It was the best time Killian had had since Lexsaidh's condition happened.

-----

"Harry!" Draco called over the bed, Ron and Hermione having just left. "It's done."

Harry took the potion, Draco had told him it was best to stay on the bed as it might make him drowsy. The potion was clear, and had a faint green hue, it smelled vaguely of mint.

Harry held it in his hands, uncorked, just looking at it before he took a deep breath and drank it all at once.

Almost immediately he lost control of his limbs, falling limp into Draco's arms, trying to fight the spinning he saw even with his eyes closed, not sure if he was asleep or awake. Harry couldn't hear a word Draco said, he couldn't even sense him any more.

-----

When Harry came to he was sitting in a forest, that both seemed to go on forever and be very small. It was luscious, everything brimming with magic and life, a strong smell of flowers that reminded him of the Burrow, and oddly of the Malfoys filled the area. No light came through the trees, but the space was illuminated by blue flowers that were wound around the trees.

It felt both comforting and uneasy.

"You," A voice far too similar to Harry's own came from behind him, it made the hair on the back of his neck stand on end with its viciousness and anger. "You want to cut me off?"

"You..." Harry stammered, crawling away from the creature. It looked just like he did in creature form, if a little fuller, and its eyes were gold rather than Harry's green, though they looked almost entirely blue in the light. "You're my creature?"

"Ding ding ding." The elf's tone was entirely flat as it mimicked a bell for a winning prize. "You're the one who's wrong now! You want to limit me! Don't you understand that we have to make them love us? He'll leave us if we're not perfect. Why do you make me stop?"

Harry's eyes widened in fear of the screeching creature advancing towards him. While his behind him there was a gap between the trees, he couldn't move back any further.

"But we can be loved for ourselves. I don't want to become someone else for that, it would mean they don't love me." Harry shook as he faced his creature.

"But we will become what they love. We need their love!" The elf screamed at Harry, who flinched away.

"But we don't need everyone's love." Harry pleaded. "This just protects us from unwanted changes."

"It stops me from making us perfect!" The elf screamed in his face, now on top of Harry. "You should never have taken the potion, you are going to ruin us!"

"But I did." Harry's voice was small, but defiant. "I did and I don't regret it."

Harry blacked out from the forest as the elf slapped him.

-----

"Harry, Harry are you alright?" Draco seemed scared as Harry came to.

"Fine," Harry smiled, his cheek was still hurting from his creature slapping him, but he smiled none the less, wanting to reassure Draco. He didn't like it when Draco was down. "How long was I sleeping?"

"A day." Draco sighed shakily. "Come on, you need to eat and drink something."