Chapter 2

"Anyone unable to do this can't even serve as a decoy." Commander Shadis yelled at the poor students faces as he walked infront of them. Mikasa Ackerman stood steady as a rock. Her face held no emotions.

Another black haired girl stood steady too along with her three other friends.

"That's what I mean by potential." The officer who had came to supervise the new trainees whispered to his junior officer who was taking notes of everyone's performance. The officer looked around one more time and saw most of the trainees doing quite fine.

"Looks like we have a lot of talent this year."

"Um.. what about him?" The young officer sweatdropped pointing at a certain brunette.

"You may have the will but not necessarily the talent." The senior office commented sighing heavily.

"What are you doing, Eren Yeager? Pick yourself up." Shadis yelled at the poor boy's face.

Timeskip>>>

At the dining hall, everyone was eating their food quietly until a random guy broke the silent.

"Hey, isn't that the kid from yesterday who said he'll kill all the Titans?"

"Well, I bet he'll be off to the frontiers tomorrow."

"Eren, just ignore them." Armin said to his friend who had bandages wrapped around his head from today's training.

"They're picking on that kid again." Kaito called out to his friends.

"Well, he did boast a lot about killing titans yesterday." Kenma replied shrugging off.

"Goddess, can I take that?" Suddenly, Sasha came to our table with drool dripping from her mouth.

"Hey, you're that potato girl, right?" Kaito asked chuckling.

"Yeah, I'm also Goddess's roommate." She said before pointing to Rin's untouched bread.

"Goddess?"

"She meant Rin." Hanako whispered while Rin passed her bread to Sasha.

"Rin? Goddess? Wait what? "

"She loves giving her food to this freak."

"Sorry, Sasha, Hanako is always rude like this. Also, please stop that and call me Rin from now."  Rin tried consoling her.

Eren POV

I'll have to get it right tomorrow in order to stay and train here. If not, I'll be forced to the frontiers.

"Eren, don't worry, if you fail tomorrow, I will come with you." Mikasa said with a nonchalant face.

"Shut up, Mikasa, can't you see how important this is for me. I can't fail tomorrow."

"Just go to your room. I'll ask someone else for help."

"Ah, well, if you can't do it, just leave it, you know." Jean said smirking at my face.  A growl left my voice and his smirk widened at that.

"Sorry, I can't give you any advice. You should just give up"

I gritted my mouth after hearing Jean and Connie. Armin saw me and said, "Eren, don't worry, you'll do great tomorrow."

"Let's look for Reiner and Bertholdt." He nodded and we started walking down the corridors towards their room. I stopped when I saw four people in the garden.

I looked closely and quickly recognized one of them.  She is that girl from earlier. Now that I think of it, she was incredibly steady at today's test. And her three friends were good too.

"Hey, guys..." I approached them with an awkward smile. Armin was following me from behind. They all turned at the source of new voice. We all just stared at each other for a minute.

"Hey, you are that Yeager kid. I am Rin, nice to meet you." The redhead broke the silence first.

"You made quite a fool out of yourself at today's practice." The tallest guy out of the four slapped my shoulder chuckling.

They're not going to tease me like the rest? That's good I guess.

"Anyway, what is your name, kid?" The redhead asked me again.

"Uh, Eren Yeager. Wait, how old are you guys?"

"I am sixteen, Eren." The same girl smiled cheerfully at me. I returned the smile awkwardly.

"I'm Kaito and this is my brother Kenma.  We are both 18." The grey haired guy said patting the other boy's head to which he just groaned.

I turned to the remaining girl. She shifted a bit when she noticed my stare. "Hanako. 15."

"Who is this guy?" Rin asked poking Armin's cheeks.

"I'm Armin Arlert." He replied looking down to hide the blush on his cheeks.

"Okay, so why are you here?"

"You guys were so good at practice today, especially Hanako. So, I was wondering if you could give me some advices?"

"You should balance your upper body and lower body." Kaito preached swaying his body here and there.

"If you ask me, I don't know boy, I just stood there and it happened itself." The bored looking guy said next.

"I don't know either." A small whisper was heard. I turned to look at the source of the sound and a short gasp escaped my lips when my eyes met the cold black eyes. They seemed deprived of any light.

"Just focus on your lower strength and balance. And don't forget to believe in yourself, Eren." Rin said smiling at me.

"Thanks, guys..." I waved them goodbye and left.

The next day

"Eren Jaeger. Are you ready? "

"Yes, sir."

"Begin!" The soldiers slowly raised him. Eren was steady for a while which shocked a lot of people. He began to smile when all of a sudden he fell face first. "N-not yet! I can still do it!" The poor guy yelled out in hopes.

"Let him down." The soldiers followed Commander Shadis's orders. Everyone began whispering between each other about Eren. He was staring at the ground in disbelief.

"Wagner. Switch belts with Jaeger."

"Yes, sir!" Everyone was thinking about the same thing. What was happening?

Eren was raised once again. A lot of people expected him to fall forward again but he surprised all of them. He was able to stand perfectly this time. He stood steady and his gaze was unwavering.

"Your equipment was defective. The belt you were using had a broken clasp." Commander Shadis said which surprised everyone. "Even with the broken equipment, he still managed to stay steady?"

"Whoa!"

"Then, am I fit to be a soldier?" Eren whispered in a silent voice.

"You pass, muster. Train hard!"

"That was amazing!" Kaito yelled in our ears. I slapped him in the back of his head for his loudness.

I looked at Eren. His eyes shocked me. Those eyes held sheer determination and faith. His strength was on whole another level. "He did great, right?" Rin asks me taking me out of my thoughts.

"Indeed." I said smirking at Eren.