Chapter 1 - Bonnie's Future

"Alright, let's do this."

Bonnie walked forward through the tunnel, feeling the sudden brightness of the sun piercing her eyes. She held a hand to shield her vision as the sound of the pavement echoed with every step. Finally adjusted to the light, she lowered her hands and stared across the battlefield at her opponent.

<=>

Earlier that week...

"I'm back!"

Clemont's voice made its way through the Prism Tower where he and Bonnie lived, reaching the decorated room she resided in. "Okay!" She yelled back, hoping her older brother, who was returning after a long day of working at his company, had heard her response.

He hadn't, as a light knocks at the door from Clemont indicated otherwise. Sighing, she brought her head from her pillow. "Fine. Come in," she reluctantly responded, completely sitting up in her Dedenne-colored bed. The door slightly creaked as the blonde-haired inventor entered the room and shut the door behind him.

"How was work?" She asked, hopping off the bed and hitting the wood floor lightly. There wasn't much to be noted about her room, except that it was littered with posters involving Champions, Elite Four members, and anything involving Dedenne; even after becoming a trainer to the small electric mouse, she still had a fond passion for it.

"Just the usual," he replied, rubbing the back of his head. "The progress on the translator is still halted. We're having trouble figuring out inflections." Bonnie nodded in response, pretending to understand what he meant. Clemont had been working on a Pokemon translator ever since Goh had returned a few days ago nonstop and had just recently met an obstacle.

"Well, if anyone can figure it out," she said, walking over to Clemont and giving him a quick hug. "It's you. You're the smartest inventor I know." Clemont blushed and returned the hug with one arm. "Thank you," he sheepishly replied, breathing a sigh of relief. "But I haven't forgotten all the other times you blew up your inventions!" She added with sass, earning a sweatdrop from Clemont.

"So, what'd you want?" Bonnie asked, turning around and going to grab her Pokeballs that held her current Pokemon. "I was going to go train for a bit before it got dark." Clemont reached into his pocket and pulled out a small piece of paper that he had received earlier. "As you know, I'm still a Gym Leader," he began, earning an eye roll from Bonnie. "Of course..." she muttered under her breath.

"So I tend to get certain information before the average person," he explained, unfolding the paper. "Certain information from people like Champion Diantha." Bonnie's eyebrows shot up, prompting her to turn around. "You have my attention," she said, earning a slight chuckle from her older brother. "I thought that might've done it," he said, looking down at the paper.

"In light of recent events, I and countless other individuals have decided it would be fair to give trainers to opportunity to show off their power to the world," he stated, reading the slip of paper word for word. "As such, the Kalos League will be occurring in exactly three days, giving any aspiring trainers time to prepare in any way they need to."

"I hope to see the newest top challenger there."

Clemont looked back up at Bonnie, who could hardly contain her excitement. "THE KALOS LEAGUE IS HAPPENING IN THREE DAYS?!" She yelled, her fists clenched in happiness. Clemont chuckled at his younger sister's enthusiasm and put away the paper. "Yep, and I think you have a real-"

Bonnie quickly grabbed her Pokeballs and run right past Clemont, interrupting his next words. "Sorry! I gotta go train NOW!" She shouted back to him as she quickly entered the elevator that led to the first floor of the tower. He peeked his head out the door and saw the elevator doors shutting, leading him to give an exasperated sigh.