Thirteen

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. We had just checked into our hotel, and we were deciding what to do with ourselves. Our hotel was oceanfront, so we sat out on our deck, watching the waves roll onto the shore. The repetitive noise and motion put me at ease.

Jamie was in a t shirt, swim shorts, and a backwards Stars baseball cap, beer in his hand. He looked right at home at the beach, fitting in perfectly with our surroundings.

"I could sit here forever," Jamie commented finally, bringing his beer bottle down from his lips.

"I've only been to the beach once," I told him, my eyes still fixed on the soft waves kissing the sand. Jamie turned to face me, eyebrows pulled together.

"For real?" he questioned with a small laugh.

"For real," I replied with a grin. "I was six. I obviously went with my parents, my older sister Natasha, and my even older brother Ryan."

"I never knew you had siblings," he said.

"I do. I also have a little sister, Carly, who was born after that vacation," I explained. "I love my brother and sisters to death, I don't know where I'd be without them."

"I understand that feeling," Jamie told me with another small laugh. "Obviously, I spend a lot of time with Jordie, and then there's my sister, Jenny. You two would get along."

"You think so?" I asked, shifting in my chair to face him. The idea of Jamie's sister and I hanging out excited me. I'd heard him talk about her a few times before, and I could tell he really loved her.

"Of course," he answered gently, taking another drink. "We should go do something."

"Like?" I questioned with a smile. Jamie shrugged and set his empty beer glass down on the table.

"There's a beach, there's endless bars," he trailed off, using his fingers to name off the things we could do.

"It'd be cool if there was something that combined the bar and the beach," I commented. Jamie's eyes lit up, and he shot up from his chair. "What?"

"If I'm not wrong, I think I saw something like that online when I was looking up places," he explained, pulling the sliding door open to go to his laptop. I followed behind him, making sure the sliding door and was closed and locked. Better to be safe than sorry, even if we were on the 12th floor.

"Ocean Annie's," he said with a grin as I walked into the living room space. "Wanna go?"

"If it involved alcohol, dancing, and the beach, I'm in," I replied with a laugh. Jamie smiled once again, and I went into our bedroom to change. It was a one bedroom room with two beds, of course.

I changed into my hot pink bikini and a white cover type thing. It was open in the front, so it didn't really cover much, but I really didn't care. I slid on my flip flops and went back out into the living room.

Jamie was on the phone, leaning against the wall near the door. He was nodding slowly, and I tried to my best to hear the other end of the conversation, but it was no use. I could only hear the jumbled noises of a male voice.

"Who was that?" I asked after he hung up.

"It was Jordie," he answered with a shrug. "The place is, like, five minutes from here, so I thought we could walk."

"Let's do it."

•••••••••••••••••••••

{Jamie} // I attached a video of the song to the side. I recommend listening to it while you read to get the "full effect" ;)

Elle had gotten a few beers in her, and I noticed the effects settling in. Not that I minded. She was pretty fun when she was drunk. Hell, she was pretty fun all the time.

We wandered out towards the beach, where the music was still loud, and there were plenty of people dancing around. The sun has set a couple of hours ago, but no one was ready to go home yet.

Carry Out by Timbaland and Justin Timberlake started blaring through the speakers, and Elle stopped in her tracks, turning to face me.

"This song is the best!" she yelled, grabbing my wrist and pulling me farther into the crowd of people. "Come on, Jams, dance with me!"

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" I defended with a laugh as she finally found a suitable place for her to dance.

"Turn me on my baby, don't ya cut me out," she sang, turning and twirling her hips. Holy shit.

She didn't even realize what she doing to me as she continued swiveling her hips and biting her lower lip. God, this was a problem. I couldn't take my eyes off her ass, and the effect of my plenty of beers was starting to settle in more and more as I watched her. I sucked in deep breaths, trying to calm down.

She's not ready for a relationship yet, I told myself. She needs some time before you make a move.

Thank god, the song finally ended, and the hip movements stopped. She came over to me, a shit-eating grin on her face.

"I betcha didn't know I could dance like that, did ya?" she questioned, putting one arm up on my shoulder. She took a drink out of her beer bottle before bringing that arm up to join her another one, lacing them behind my neck.

"I can't say I did," I replied with a laugh. She grinned.

"That's what I don't get. I'm hot as fuck! Why would he cheat on me? What did I do to deserve this?" she slurred. Her eyes were glazed over as they met mine. A wave of sadness washed over me. She was here to get her mind off Tyler, and even in her drunken state, she was still wondering what she did to deserve getting cheated on.

"He was stupid, Eleanor. You did nothing to deserve any of this," I told her, reaching out to touch her hips. My arms did it on their own, instinctively finding her waistline and pulling her closer.

The music was pumping, but the world seemed to slow down, and it was just us two. She brought her eyes back to mine, and they were laced with sadness as a tear dripped down her cheek. I moved my hand from her waist and used my thumb to wipe the stray tear off of her cheek. God, she was perfect.

"Let's get you home," I said quietly. She nodded, but she let her head fall forward onto my collarbone. She tightened her grip around my neck in an attempt to hug me.

I quickly realized that there was no way in hell she'd be able to walk back to the hotel. I turned around and squatted down, allowing her to easily get on my back. I cupped her thighs as I stood up and tried to navigate the crowd of drunk dancers. Her arms hung loosely around my neck, and she wasn't doing me any favors by letting her legs just hang down for me to hold.

I felt her head come to rest on the top of my head, and I all of a sudden didn't mind the extra weight. Because in that moment, she was mine, and I was hers.