Three

I fumbled with the ring on my finger as I headed towards the family room. Walking into a room filled with my fiancé's teammates' significant others had always been nerve wracking to me.

I pushed open the doors and about ten pairs of eyes were all on me: the new girl.

"Hi," I said quietly, looking around the room.

"I'm Abbe, come sit, honey," one woman said, patting the empty space on the couch. I blew out a small breath of relief, and I sat down next to her. "Introduce yourself. We don't bite. Well, Jessica over there might."

"Oh, shut up, Abbe," Jessica retorted with a grin. "I swear I'm nice."

"I'm Elle Bales, and I'm engaged to Tyler Seguin," I introduced. Some of the girls exchanged glances, and a few even whispered to one another.

"Oh, we didn't know Tyler was engaged," one spoke up. I found who the voice belonged to, and she had a smug expression.

"Rachel, don't," Abbe warned, giving her a stern glare. What the hell? Why was everyone being so secretive and mysterious whenever I talked about Tyler? It was getting old pretty fast, and I was beginning to get tired of being out of the loop already. I mean, for Pete's sake, Ty had only been here for a few months, and I felt like everyone knew something I didn't. And that feeling absolutely sucked.

••••••••••••••

I honestly did plan on waiting until we got home to confront him, but my mind was eating at me.

"Tyler, what does everyone know that I don't?" I asked, turning to face him as he drove both Jamie and me home. I noticed Jamie's eyes widen from my view in the rear view mirror. Tyler adjusted his grip on the steering wheel and briefly met my stare.

"Nothing, baby. Don't worry about it."

"Wrong answer. Don't you 'oh nothing, baby' me, because I'm not buying it," I shot back, my breathing getting hitched in my throat. I rarely stood up to Tyler, and when I did, it could get pretty nasty.

"What makes you think something out of the ordinary is going on, honey?" he asked, his voice eerily monotone.

"As soon as I told the girls that we were engaged, everyone started whispering and looking at each other. Whenever you called Jamie before you even bothered to contact me, he seemed pretty nervous to answer the phone. I'm not stupid, Tyler!" I ranted, my voice getting louder and louder as I went. Tyler pressed his lips together and shot a glare at Jamie in the rear view mirror.

"Jamie, what the fuck?" he asked, pounding his fist against the steering wheel.

"Don't act like this is my fault," Jamie retorted, his face shifting to an angry expression.

"You know it is-"

"Shut up, Tyler!" I yelled, cutting him off. "This isn't about Jamie, leave him out of this."

"Nothing is going on!" he yelled as he slammed on the breaks because he hadn't noticed the red lights. I jerked against my seatbelt and smacked my head against the window. "Drop it, Elle. Just fucking drop it."

The remainder of the car ride was completely silent, all of us in our own little angry worlds. Tyler had never yelled at me like that. Ever. To be quite honest, I was afraid. I scrunched away from him, curling into a ball in my seat with my head pressed against the cool window.

Tyler jerked the car into a parking spot before he got out, slamming the door as hard as he could. He stormed off towards the doors, but I was frozen in the passenger seat. Jamie remained in the back, his eyes focused on me.

"Screw this, we're leaving," he muttered as he quickly opened his door and got into the driver's seat. He threw the car into reverse and carefully whipped it out of the parking spot that Tyler had just pulled in to.

"Jamie...." I trailed off as he sped through the parking garage. He reached over and put his hand over mine.

"We need to talk."

••••••••••••••

Things were happening so quickly. I had only shown up in town less than twenty-four hours ago, and so much had happened. I still couldn't quite process what had happened earlier in the car, and I wasn't sure I wanted to. Jamie never got the chance to talk to me, because the only thing I wanted to do was to get hammered at forget it all.

So, four shots and two beers later, my wants were fulfilled. It was some sort of night club, but it was nothing like the typical grimy ones. The bar was a smooth stainless steel, and red lights danced all around me. Music was turned up just enough but not too loud.

I felt myself quickly becoming more and more giddy; I had always been a happy drunk. My insides turned warm and fuzzy as I spotted Jamie leaning against the wall, watching me sit at the bar.

I curled my finger at him, telling him to get over here. He gave a small smirk before he wove his way through the crowd of dancing people to get to me.

"You're drunk," he commented after he had reached me.

"No shit, Sherlock," I giggled, lightly smacking his arm. "Let's dance."

"We probably shouldn't," he replied, his face falling. Screw that, I wanted to dance! I grabbed his hand with both of mine and pulled myself off of the barstool.

"Please, Jamie?" I begged, drawing out the 'e'. "I haven't danced in forever!"

"I'm sure you haven't," he told me sarcastically.

"Come on, it'll be fun," I urged as I tugged him towards the crowded dance floor. He didn't resist me, and soon enough, I got lost in the rhythm of the base.

"Eleanor," he said as his hands fell onto my sides. "This isn't a good idea. Tyler would kill me."

"Right now, I don't give a damn how Tyler feels," I stated. "And I've decided that you're allowed."

"Allowed?" Jamie questioned, a small smirk pulling at his pretty pink lips. I giggled and rested my dizzy head on his shoulder.

"You're the only one allowed to call me Eleanor."