"The fuck do you want?!" His voice rung through the phone. I kept my lip quiver at the sound of his voice. I sniffled into the phone but didn't say anything. "Arabella?!"

"Mateo." I said softly. 

"You're alive, oh my fuck. Oh my God." I hear him smash something but I'm not sure what it was. "Where are you, baby please tell me."

"Mateo, I-I don't know. I have no idea." I said crying into the phone. But before he could answer the door opens roughly and I cut the call. I bring the phone down and the doctor looks at me intensely. 

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" He yelled grabbing the phone from my hand. I already swiped the tab up and I was so glad. "Huh? What were you doing?! Do you need me to call Axel in here?"

"No, no. I was just, j-just checking the date. I wanted to know h-how long it's been here." 

"Then why the fuck are you crying?"

"Uhm. It's been so l-long. And no one came to find me." I forced myself to cry so that my lie would sound more believable. I was so glad I came up with a lie fast enough. He groaned and shoved me onto the bed. 

"Alright, alright. Just shut the fuck up." I was also glad Mateo didn't call back. He must've known that something happened so he knew not to call back. 

I sat up and he did the regular check up. Not even half way into him treating my leg wounds Ellie comes in limping. She was crying and she had a large bruise on her neck and arm. I wanted to tell her that I called Mateo and maybe that could help us get out of here. 

But we're not allowed to talk to each other. 

I look down and see her thigh pierced with another bullet. He lets it recover then shoots her again. Says he loves watching her drip, in more ways than one. He likes to stand there while she screams and sometimes even stick his gun in the wound making her yell even louder. 

~~~

Mateo's POV :

"Mateo, I-I don't know. I have no idea." I hear her cries. It's been so long and I haven't heard her, and I definitely didn't want to hear her crying for the first time, but I'll take anything I can get. But not long after I hear a door open through the phone and the line goes dead. 

I hope she didn't get caught. I wanted to call back, but I wasn't an idiot. Someone walked in, and that would only put her into more shit. 

The urgency of the situation settled in, and I felt a surge of adrenaline as I moved with a heightened sense of alertness. My mind raced with thoughts of finally putting an end to all this, and a knot formed in my stomach.

I clicked into gear and was out the door and into my car faster than I could register. As I pulled out of the driveway, I tried to shake off the nerves and focus on the task at hand. The roads were thankfully clear, and I made good time as I headed towards the warehouse.

With each passing mile, my heart rate increased, and my palms grew sweaty. The thoughts of having her back in my arms was more pleasant than anything else. I've never wanted everything else, but for her and her friends to be safe. I wanted to Antonio happy again, and I want Dyiore to finally grow some balls and ask out the girl he likes.

As I approached the warehouse, I slowed down and turned onto the side street where it was located. The area was desolate, and the building loomed ominously in front of me. I parked my car in a nearby spot and took a deep breath before stepping out and making my way inside.

"Leo! Leo!" I yell like a mad man. I rush to his office and and open the door. He's sitting there running a hand through his hair. "I know how we can find them!" I said with a grin on my face. He gave me a confused look.

𝒟𝐸𝒮𝒯𝐼𝒩𝒴जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें