1 | What

Mateo's POV:

"The fuck do you want?" I said bursting into my fathers office. Me and my father have very little contact with one another.

"That is no way of speaking to me." He said in a stern voice. I took a sip of my coffee and walked forward.

"Just tell me what you need." I said urging him to finish so I could go home and sleep.

It was almost 2 in the afternoon but I've been awake for longer than even I can remember. 

"Sit down." He directed to towards the lounge in his office and asked me to take a seat in front of him.

"So, you'll be taking over the Italian Mafia soon." I nod knowing that already.

"I was talking to some of the members of the Mafia and we've come to an agreement." I could tell he was trying to not quickly say what he needed to. He was purposely taking his time with his words and it was already pissing me off.

"Without me?" I'm taking over the Mafia after my father and they're already having meetings without me.

"We've agreed that someone who isn't married shouldn't take over the Mafia." Married. Since when has that been a rule? Why the fuck should that even be a rule?

"What kind of pathetic rule is that. Do you already have someone to take my place?" I swear if he says either of his closest men I'm gonna fire up the entire building.

"I still want you to take over son." But he said someone who isn't married can't take over. I swear this fucker makes no sense.

"You have to get married in order to take over the Mafia." I eyes particularly fall out of the sockets.

What did he just say?

"What!"

"Son, the only way to take over, is if you get married."

"There is no way in hell. No guy my age even gets married till like 30. I'm only 24 I'm not getting married." I said in a stern tone.

"Son in order to take over you need to already have a plan for your future heir. We all agreed that we want someone who already has everything for the future figured out, and nothing like this is left to chance." Great he wants me to kids now too.

"I'll get baby mama." I knew my father wasn't gonna let me, but it was worth a try.

"You will do no such thing. The decision in final. You get married and the agreement to handing over the Mafia to you is complete."

"Who the fuck am I gonna marry." Taking over the Mafia has always been something I was gonna do. Since the beginning of time I've been training, learning and training even more. I'm not even sure what I would do if he didn't give the Mafia over to me.

"A friend of mine has been trying to get into the Mafia business for a while now. He has a daughter who is old enough for you." I'm not gonna marry a random bitch. I hate the idea of getting married to someone I don't know, especially at this young age.

"I've met her before she's a good kid. I think you'll like her a lot actually." I don't want to get married.

What the fuck is happening. You know what, being married doesn't have to mean anything.

"Okay, just let me know the day of the wedding and I'll be there."

"Don't you want to meet her?" My father questioned.

"No. I see her on the day anyways." And after that being said. I left the office and out the building.

So what? Who cares if I'm gonna be married. I'll get my heir then have no other contact with her.