Night Training

(Uchiha Training Ground No.9)
(Narrator POV)

As Naruto cleared his thoughts and relaxed, he began to feel a floating sensation, as if he was in space. The first time this happened, Naruto was startled, and suddenly opened his eyes. The floating felling vanished. He set his jaw, told himself not to do that again, and began the process of meditation again.

Soon, he cleared his thoughts, relaxed his body, and began to search for his chakra. He lost himself in his own mind, delving deeper and deeper until he came upon his chakra, a large lake of energy that calmly swirled around a focal point. However, the lake of energy was turbulent at some places, speeding up or making eddies out of nowhere. This could be the Kyuubi's influence. He dove into that lake, immersing himself thin the wonderful feeling of the pure energy. After several minutes or hours of simply playing around, Naruto got to business.

He firmly anchored himself to his chakra, grasping every shred of it. He slowly brought the entire lake to a complete standstill, including the turbulent patches caused by the Kyuubi. With great concentration and only one goal in mind, Naruto started to swirl his chakra in a clockwise direction. This proved to be difficult. The mass of chakra was stubborn and unwilling to move. However, over the course of half an hour, Naruto managed to swirl the chakra clockwise, and even sped up the rotation speed, until the chakra started to leak out of his body. After painstakingly bringing his chakra to a halt, Naruto began to swirl it in a anti-clockwise direction. Curiously, there was a major difference in the difficultly of swirling the chakra clockwise and swirling it anti-clockwise. It was much easier to swirl it anti-clockwise than clockwise. Naruto decided to ask Shisui about this later. Back to the training. Naruto also discovered that his chakra flowed much more faster when he swirled it anti-clockwise, to the point that his spinning chakra burst from his body and tore up the grass and earth around him, making a beautiful spiral pattern on the ground.

Next, Naruto envisioned his chakra system. He pictured all 361 of his tenketsu points, and made a mental image of the pathway that ran through each and every cell in his body. He even pictured and understood where the eight gates were located in the body, which surprised him, as he had not known that piece of information earlier. He concluded that it must have been transferred to his by one of his clones. Naruto slowly sent his chakra through the conduits that encompassed his blood, flesh, and bone, and started to make the chakra move this way or that way, started to make it swirl in different places at once, and even made some designs and patterns by moving his chakra in certain ways through his chakra system.

After spending many more hours meditating, Naruto decided that he had done enough, and that the first part of the night training was done. He opened his eyes and immediately felt cold. The night had grown very chilly and and very dark. Naruto couldn't see a thing. He decided to activate his sharingan, since with it, he could see in the dark. Naruto hesitated at that. How did he know that the sharingan could be used to see in the dark? And why didn't Shisui let his clones continue reading, if all of the clones had the sharingan active. Naruto decided that Shisui meant for the real Naruto to gain the information. Oh well, he thought. No use thinking too much about it.

As Naruto sat with his sharingan activated, he decided to try and see if he had a sensor ability, since he read that most Uzumakis had chakra sensory abilities. Naruto closed his eyes and concentrated, and after sitting for a minute, he managed to sense a very slight flare of chakra coming from the dense forest at his right. Naruto snapped his eyes open, sharingan spinning. He had opened his eyes just in time to see a black blur flicker skillfully through the tree line and across the clearing, streaking towards him with great speed. As the blur stopped in front of him, Naruto confirmed that it was Shisui.

"Shisui-nii, Shisui-nii, I could sense ya! There was a little burst of chakra coming from that way," Naruto pointed to the right side of the clearing,"and then I saw you go real fast, like a blur, through the trees and come right in front of me! I could sense you! I've got a sensor ability! Isn't that great!?"