Chapter 5: Not Everyone is Trustworthy

Start from the beginning

"This is a school announcement. And keep your ears open because it is very important. This will happen every time you complete a class trial. Everyone, please make your way towards the gated staircase neat the gymnasium." Said Monokuma.

With that being said, everyone walked as a group to the staircase. It was still blocked off, however, a monitor nearby turned on and Monokuma was on it once again.

"Listen up kiddos. Every time you survive a deathmatch with lady justice, you get a shiny new present. It's a whole new world, don't you dare close your eyes. As much as I'd like to split you open, it's my duty to stimulate that oatmeal you call brains. Happy hunting, and don't say I never gave you nothing." Said Monokuma.

The monitor turned off and the gate blocking the stairwell was being lifted. The second floor was now accessible. The map of the second floor was also available for you and the rest of the class to see. Aside from a couple of classrooms, the only notable rooms that were on the map, were the swimming pool, the locker rooms, and the library. 

Everyone went to the library since that was most likely the room to have any information about what could potentially be going on in the school or provide a clue of any kind

Everyone went to the library since that was most likely the room to have any information about what could potentially be going on in the school or provide a clue of any kind. Everyone was looking inside the library while Y/N, Byakuya, and Kyoko were focused on a computer that was sitting on one of the tables. Makoto was looking throughout the desk the three of them were at. Byakuya would try to turn the computer on, but it didn't seem to work at all.

"It won't even turn on. Cut-rate piece of junk." Said Byakuya.

"Not that I believed we can Google our way out of this mess, but it did cross my mind." Said Kyoko.

"I can probably get this laptop back up and running. Find anything, Makoto?" Y/N said then turned to Makoto.

Makoto would then take out a letter from one of the drawers. The letter was a letter from the principal. He would open it and read it. 

"Going by what I see here, this isn't even a school anymore. 'School operations will resume, once the issues have been resolved'. What's that about?" Said Makoto.

"Apparently, this place stopped being a legitimate school before we ever set foot on campus." Said Kyoko.

"I don't know how it was for you, but it looked plenty legit when I showed up." Said Makoto.

"Apparently, the author of our misfortune claimed it once it was deserted, and then he set the stage for this twisted little play. Look at this, sensationalist trash of the lowest order. But in here it serves as a textbook." Byakuya said then placed his hand on books about murder.

"Yeah, don't remind me." Said Makoto.

Byakuya then opens a door leading to a closet within the library and opens it.

"It's not often that life grants you reason to feel such delicious frisson. The least we can do is enjoy ourselves." Said Byakuya.

As Togami closes the door, you look at him and wonder if he is enjoying being in this scenario. Kirigiri keeps the same expression as she always has and Naegi just seemed confused. Owada would then walk over to your group after he overheard what Togami just said.