Chapter 28 - The Confrontation

Start from the beginning

"You tell her to stop!" She argued, pushing against her father's arms. "I'm tired of her shit, dad!"

B wanted to fight the woman so badly. She has had to put up with Torres ever since she showed up and she knows that the woman loves to taunt her. Loves to make the daughter of (O/N) look bad to make her mother look bad as well. And B was fed up with it.

"What's going on?" The Head Keeper herself showed up and looked from B to Torres, already knowing it wasn't good.

Torres didn't give B time to speak before she went up to the older woman. "You need to do something about that brat of yours, or I will."

"BRAT?!" B yelled. "YOU HAVE SOME NERVE-"

The Chief started pulling his daughter away and got far enough to where (Y/N) couldn't hear what he was saying to her. But it was likely a lecture he was giving her.

(Y/N) could see a look in (O/N)'s eyes as she looked back to the Head Keeper in training. "Let's all just cool down a bit and then we'll have a tal-"

"No! She is highly unprofessional and I suggest you-"

"We'll have a talk." The Head Keeper raised her voice a bit to cut Torres off. "You're both acting unprofessional but especially you. You're going to be a superior to her so getting into fights with those beneath you will not be tolerated. Do you understand?"

While the Head Keeper kept her tone stable, (Y/N) could tell her maternal side for her daughter was coming out too. This must not be the first time B and Torres got into an argument.

Torres gritted her teeth and started walking off. "Yes, ma'am."

(Y/N) watched the woman leave, glad to see her go. Her presence alone made the demon nervous, especially after that accusation.

(O/N) went over to her husband who had finished lecturing his daughter. B was still angry but looked defeated at the same time at whatever he told her. Then once her mother showed up, the girl's features softened as (O/N) had clear disappointment on her face. Also starting her own lecture to the girl.

The demon crossed her arms and turned away slightly, not wanting to eavesdrop on the family matter. But she heard the Capturer tsk and soon she was storming away, past (Y/N) to who knows where. She was fuming.

"B?" (Y/N) called as the Capturer disappeared around the vehicle wall, not stopping to answer her.

She glanced back to the parents who talked amongst themselves about the girl before she went to follow after their daughter.

It took a few minutes to find her, but (Y/N) discovered the girl behind the wholesale store away from the camp and blowing off steam by punching into old cement bags.

(Y/N) gasped as she ran to the girl before she could break her knuckles and pulled her arms away, mid-swing. "Wait! Don't do that! Please!"

B yanked her bruised knuckles away from the demon and stepped away, trying to catch her breath. "One of these days, that woman has one more time to test my patience and I'll gladly risk my job to put her in her place."

"You shouldn't let her get to you..." (Y/N) muttered, never seeing the Capturer so angry before in the short time they've known each other.

"No that bitch knows what she's doing and she will learn soon enough!" B sneered. "The day she gets replaced will be a miracle."

"And the day you get fired won't." A new voice cut in.

(Y/N) turned and saw a Capturer pulling off their helmet. He glanced at the demon but went straight to the girl who rolled her eyes at him.