Chapter 8: Flirting

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

"Beckett?" Gibbs exclaimed.

"Yes, they're signed by Lord Cutler Beckett of the East India Trading Company." Elizabeth said.

She had shown Jack the letters of marque.

"Blah!" Jack uttered in disgust, sticking his tongue out.

"Will was working for Beckett and never said a word." Gibbs grumbled.

(Y/n) looked confused. "Why does Beckett want Jack's compass?"

"He wants the chest." Jack realized.

"He did say something about a chest." Elizabeth confirmed.

"Doesn't that mean Beckett will control the sea?" (Y/n) asked.

"A truly discomforting notion, love."

"And bad." Gibbs added. "Bad for every mother's son what calls himself a pirate. I think there's a bit more speed to be coaxed from these sails. Brace the foreyard!"

Gibbs raced off and Jack turned to Elizabeth."Might I enquire as to how you came by these?"

"Persuasion." Elizabeth answered.

"Friendly?"

"Decidedly not."

"Will strikes the deal for these, yet you were the one with the prize...full pardon. Commission as a privateer on behalf of England and the East India Trading Company. As if I could be bought for such a low price." Jack scoffed, tucking the letters into his coat, and walking away.

"Jack, the letters, give them back." Elizabeth said.

"No."

(Y/n) sighed. "For goodness sake, Jack. Give them back to her."

"No. Persuade me."

(Y/n) scoffed and came up behind him near his ear. "You know I can probably handle a sword better than you can right?"

Jack turned around and leaned close to her face. "As I said, persuade me." He whispered.

(Y/n)'s face twitched in annoyance. "You're ridiculous."

"You're sexy when you're angry." Jack retorted huskily.

(Y/n) stepped back in surprise. She was not expecting that. She opened her mouth to say something, but she too caught off guard to think of anything, so she just huffed angrily and walked away.

Elizabeth followed after her, and Jack watched them leave, stifling a grunt.

...

(Y/n) leaned against the railing of the ship and took a deep breath, hoping to get rid of the heat she felt on her cheeks.

Elizabeth came up next to her. "What was that?"

(Y/n) snapped her head up to look at her. "What was what?"

"That little interaction between you and Jack." She clarified.