05

Archery club was fun, but tough. You weren't the best at it, and had a hard time getting used to the proper way to hold the bow.

You kept missing the target, some girls laughed at your amateurish ways.

You sighed and stood on the grass, huffing in frustration.

"Don't worry. You'll get the hang of it. Let me help." Mafuyu said, standing behind you and pressing her body up against yours.

A blush crept to your cheeks instantly at the close proximity.

She took yours hands in hers and put them in the correct position. Your heart was beating out your chest as she said in a soft voice "Now pull back."

You pulled the arrow back and she said "Line it up as best as you can with the target... and... release."

You both released the arrow and hit the center of the target.

"Bullseye!" Shizuku laughed and clapped for you.

You were still blushing and looked at the purple haired girl. "T-thank you for helping me... Mafuyu." You mumbled shyly.

She smiled at you and said "It was my pleasure, Y/n."

You arrived home and Kanade was at her PC as usual, talking to Mizuki and Ena on Nightcord.

"Oh, you're home. How was your first day? Did you meet Mafuyu?" Kanade asked, taking her headphones off and resting them on her neck.

You sighed and said "Yeah... I joined her archery club. She's pretty nice. I met her friend Shizuku too."

"That's good... what did you guys talk about?"

You laid on her bed, backpack in your right hand.

"Just... school, I guess. She was my tour guide." You replied.

Kanade hummed in response.

She sat up from her office chair and laid on the bed beside you.

"I am sorry we took you from your world so suddenly." She replied.

She tried to look into your eyes but you turned to your side as you didn't really want to talk about being stripped away from your family and friends.

"It's fine. I don't want to talk about it." You responded coldly.

Kanade had basically left you alone for the rest of the night as much as she didn't want to before heading to her night classes.

You were rummaging through her fridge and pulled out a canister of teriyaki beef made for dinner.

You had never seen Kanade's parents around at all since you started living with her. You didn't bother to ask as other pressing issues weighed on your mind more.

The next morning you were already drained from your first day. You didn't know how Mafuyu excelled in all subjects so easily.

But you knew nobody could handle the pressure she was under by everyone around her, as calm and collected she may look.

Something in those eyes was a broken girl begging to just be free.

You were in the school courtyard during passing time, you just wanted to enjoy the sunshine and soak it all in for that five minutes you had until your next period.

"Are you the new girl?" A high pitched voice was heard behind you.

You turned around and saw a petite girl with pink hair and eyes beaming happily at you.

"Oh... yeah." You said.

"Wonderhoy! I'm Emu!! What's your name? Do you like music?"

You were a bit anxious at her upfront and overwhelmingly positive demeanor. It took you out of your train of thought.