𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 - 𝒊𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒈𝒖𝒏

»»»~»»»

all that bloodshed, crimson clover
the worst was over
my hand was the one you reached for

all throughout the great war...

»»»~»»»

JAKE PACED AROUND IN HIS MARUI, running over his apology in his head. He felt extremely guilty for the events that had occurred the night before. His thoughts were interrupted by the loud booming sound of the Metkayina horn. That can't be good.

He ran out of his hut, running into Neytiri, Neteyam, Kiri and Tuk on the way. Jake wondered where his youngest son was, before coming to the conclusion that he was probably out with A'leyra. Jake felt a little hurt that his youngest son had a mate now. Sure, he was going to have one soon, considering he was already of age, but it still hurt. Neteyam hadn't even had time for a mate, let alone courting someone and his brother was already someone's mate. It felt odd, to say the least. Knowing that someone loved his son enough to go against the rules made his heart feel lighter, though. 

They ran towards the small crowd that was gradually becoming bigger by the second. As they neared, Jake furrowed his eyebrows when he saw Ronal and Tonowari...preparing their people for war? And was she crying?

The second they reached, they were bombarded with shouting, hissing and complaints. Seeing their confused faces, the Tsahik took it upon herself to update them on the ongoing situation.

"My spirit sister and her baby have been murdered by the sky people!" Her pained voice sent chills down his back as she continued with her crying. 

"This was has come to us. We knew about this hunting of tulkun, but it was over the horizon! Far away. Now, it is here!" Tonowari shouted, hissing and threateningly sticking out his tongue. Many Metkayina warriors following in his footsteps. Lo'ak and A'leyra walked in hand in hand, wondering what the hell had happened when they were away.

They glanced at Tsireya, who looked very embarrassed and afraid. She was the only one not hissing or shouting at them. A'leyra gave her a small smile, Tsireya returning a pitiful one, as if to say that she was sorry. Which A'leyra appreciated a lot.

"You gotta understand how the sky people think! You gotta tell the tulkun to leave!" Jake tried to reason with them, but it had only made them increasingly angry.

"Leave? You live among us, and you learn nothing!" Ronal hissed at the family as one of the people shouted that they would fight to protect their brothers and sisters. That caused a ruckus, making the Sully's even more stressed.

"Listen to him! Listen!" Neteyam desperately tried to calm the crowd down.

"If you attack, if you fight, then they will destroy everything you love!" He gestured to Ronal's unborn baby, which led her to gasp in fear. 

"Hear my words! You gotta listen!" He failed to gain the attention of the angry crowd.

Jake grew impatient with them. He looked left and right, then his attention was focused on the red tracker in Neteyam's hands. He grabbed it swiftly and held it up, silencing the crowd effective immediately.

"You tell the tulkun...that if they're hit by one of these, they're marked for death." The crowd gasped collectively.

"Saving their lives...thats all that matters, right? Saving your family." He trailed off, fighting the urge to shout at them. Ronal and Tonowari shared a look, Tonowari then asking Jake to tell the Tulkun himself.