𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 - 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒆

Start from the beginning

That wasn't really a carefree memory. Think further back.

10 years ago

age eight

Laughter filled the family's marui. Both the Sully's and A'leyra's family was gathered there to have a small dinner. Just them. Except the laughter was just coming from A'leyra. She was giggling the entire time as Lo'ak told her jokes after jokes. The parents playfully rolled their eyes at the sight of the two, used to it by now.

"You know, one day they will realise why they spent so much time with the other." Tsan'tey started the topic, making the other parents chuckle as they watched the young kids sit across the room from them.

"I won't be surprised. I mean, when Lo'ak was just introduced to her she was practically already all over him. Never leaving his side. Well, him too." Jake smiled softly while he recalled that memory. The rest of the night was filled with smiles and laughter.

What the parents had not known, was that Lo'ak and A'leyra had heard what they said. And they were extremely confused.

"What are they talking about?" A'leyra made a disgusted face, Lo'ak imitating her after.

"I don't know, and I don't care. Wanna race to our tree?" 

"Yes!"

How her parents had thought she was in love with Neteyam a few days before was a mystery. Even past them was smarter than them now, honestly. (nothing against neteyam)

3 years ago

age fifteen

Lo'ak was pacing around his marui, about to tell his sister about his feelings that he'd been harbouring for A'leyra. 

"Can I tell you something?" He stuttered a little, making him curse himself out.

"Uh yeah sure. What do you need?" 

Kiri was then told some 'jaw dropping news' 

It was not at all jaw dropping, she had seen it coming from miles away. How her brother had just realised it was appalling to her. Kiri laughed and teased his brother the whole night. He enjoyed it secretly, but he would never admit it to Kiri. 

Just as A'leyra was about to confess to Lo'ak, she heard laughter coming from his marui, followed by a string of sentences.

"I can't believe you finally just realised that you liked her!"
"Stop it, Kiri!"

Her pounding heart came to an abrupt stop. She thought that Lo'ak might've reciprocated some feelings towards her, but all hope of that was thrown out of the window. She had even prepared a speech that she was going to say wholeheartedly. I guess she just had to wait a few more years.

»»»~»»»

"I can't believe you thought I was talking about Akiho. I hated her. She kept tryna get in my space like back off!" He flung his arms in the air to show his fake annoyance. She snickered at his angry face.

"I know, but I was fifteen! How was I supposed to know?" 

There was a pause of silence after their laughter.

He smiled at her lovingly, glancing between her eyes and her lips while pulling her into a sweet but long kiss.

"nga yawne lu oer, Leyra." She felt like she was already with Ewya, or as the sky people would say it, she felt like she was in heaven.

"nga yawne lu oer, ma Lo'ak" 

»»»~»»»

i'll be eighty seven ; you'll be eighty nine
i'll still look at you like the stars that shine

»»»~»»»

authors note: 

tysm for 2.7k reads! this is the last official chapter of fearless before the epilogue. I really hoped u enjoyed it as much as i loved writing it! 

my next book, 'gorgeous | lo'ak x tsireya' will be coming out in may!

thanks for all of the votes and comments <3

word count:  1.1k