𝘢𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘩.

⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣

❥ "DO YOU WANT TO DIE?" His eyes laced red in anger. Holding the ginger by the neck with every intent to kill. Childe's clothes and hair still sopping wet. 

Xiao wasn't the only person angered. He told her not to get involved. 

He'd been wondering ever since their first meeting. Why would anyone be so desperate and willing to leave for Snezhnaya? Especially with a member of the Fatui. Who in their right mind would bring themselves into the sea for the sake of disposing of a meager traitor who wanted the boat to ultimately sink?

He had watched people die countless times before. But never, never with a smile as sad as hers. She won in that department. Won it and left every other contestant in his bank of deaths in the dust.

Her smile. It was her very last one. 

In Childe's hand was the last thing she left behind just before she fell off the ship. It seemed like something she wanted to save. A memory. But as much as he wanted to savor this artifact she left, Xiao would not spare a single moment for him to even breathe. 

The lovely angel by the sea had died to the thing she'd admired. 

Childe gathered the strength he had left over to forcefully push the Adeptus' hands off him, entering a coughing fit. "D-dying is no. .t an option." He revealed her little pouch that he retrieved as leverage for his life. "You can't kill me."

Xiao couldn't tell anyone why his eyes softened just at the sight of something that belonged to her. Now knowing that she was gone the one time she left his sight. Death was not a new subject to either one of the men, but hers felt more than death. A mission that once started as just to watch over a suspicious person who appeared out of nowhere became an everlasting attachment that he couldn't get rid of.

The way she looked at all the life that surrounded her. She looked at trees in a way he'll never understand. She smiled at him so freely as if he wasn't a monster. Why was that enough to get him to actually feel something? 

Xiao snatched the bag before Childe had the chance to pull it away. They both stared at it, anticipating what she held. Nervous, fearful. 

Now that she was gone, all that was left was this bag.

When it was finally opened, an ocean of love letters with no receiver flooded out and flew into the air and onto the floors.

A message to her future dearest.