ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟷𝟹

Começar do início

"It's been over three months and there's still no update on the Hexad case?"

The shorter of the pair shakes their head slowly, curly bangs falling into their eyes. "I'm afraid not, they escaped and disappeared into thin air. Nobody has caught a trace of them."

"Shouldn't we warn the public? When they were at large before, thousands of people were killed, tortured, and experimented on by these lunatics! My sister was one of those people! We need to warn everyone and catch them before-"

"I know how you feel, Takara. But the heroes are already spread thin with Phantom's disappearance and the rise in criminal activity. There's just not enough man power to find these guys," They tell him, putting a hand on the man's shoulder that droops in response as he lets out a deep, tired breath. The angry red in his cheeks start to fade as the adrenaline from his frustration vanishes in an instant.

At the sound of your hero name, the trio of heroes-in-training turn to the pair of officers with confused expressions. Meanwhile, Toshinori sits in shock, wondering if he heard the conversation correctly. Did they say that the Villain Hexad had escaped from jail? Over three months ago at that? And, in that moment, as if every minuscule clue and theory over the last few months were pieces in a puzzle, it all came together to form the big picture at last.

Standing abruptly from his seat and catching his students by surprise, Toshinori doesn't respond as his successor calls out to him in worry at his strange actions. The skeleton of a man doesn't react, approaching the pair of officers with a bit of newfound hope and determination. Once he stands before them, all eyes on him as he squares his shoulders to appear as the larger than life hero he once was, Toshinori eyes them with a single request in mind.

"Tell me everything you know about the Hexad."

•••••

Date: November 1, XXXX
Time: 4:49 p.m.
Location: Tokyo Police Department

After being lead to a back office space and sitting down with the policemen, Officer Rayne and Officer Takara, Toshinori and the boys are told in full detail about the villain Hexad being at large once again after escaping Tartarus. Supposedly, almost exactly three months ago, they had staged a prison break and had managed to escape into the early autumn night and there hasn't been a single trace of them since. Toshinori sits with his hands clasped together tightly in his lap as he processes their words, stomach pooling with dread at the realization.

Taking note of the paling expression on his predecessor's face, Midoriya is quick to jump to the taller man's side in confused support. Even though the green haired boy doesn't understand what's going on and why this information is so important, he places his gloved hands on his mentor's shoulders and squeezes in reassurance. The blond male takes a deep sigh, clenching his fists as his dread turns into frustration.

"Why was I not made aware of this sooner? Or, at the very least, Phantom's agency! This is very valuable information to her case!" Toshinori scolds, treating the police officers like children as he points his finger with a stern expression. The heroes-in-training stare with wide eyes as their usually calm teacher stands abruptly once more, knocking his chair to the ground.

Also, what did he mean that this is important to your case?

"I-I'm sorry, A-All Might. We weren't aware that this hadn't gotten out to all of you. The TPD wasn't in charge of distributing the information, so we didn't know who was made aware," Officer Rayne pleads, placing their hands out in front of them to try and calm the older male. Toshinori runs a hand through his hair and sighs deeply through his nose, reluctantly picking up his chair and sitting back down heavily. He lays his head in his folded arms against the wooden tabletop, feeling the same, nagging emotions he did when he found the crisp white envelope on his front porch five years ago.

Why is it always his little girl being targeted?

When will she get the break she deserves after all of these years?

When will the world decide it's enough?

Ever so slowly and gently, Midoriya places his hands back on his mentor's shoulders. The male doesn't see the determined expression etched into the lines of the green haired boy's face as his stance straightens and confidence fills his stature. The other two heroes-in-training stand as well, moving to stand behind their teacher with crossed arms. "Toshinori-san," Midoriya calls, the male slowly lifting his head in response, "What is this Hexad they're talking about, and how does this relate to (Y/n)-chan's case?"

Feeling the heavy gazes fixated on the back of his skeleton head, Toshinori turns in his seat to stare at the three young men who have grown from the reckless boys they were during their first year at UA. Seeing the confidence glittering in their eyes, a fire is lit in his stomach, burning the dread and fear like fuel. After these last few months of no information and nothing to go off of, they finally know who did this to you.

It's a start.

They finally have a solid foundation to go off of.

Finally

Finally.

Finally.

"Sit down young heroes, I need to tell you about a darker part of (Y/n)'s past."

————————————————————————

I know this one is short but it's to make the cliffhanger that much better LOL.

Things will be moving fast from here on out! But, I will warn you guys I might not post next Saturday because I have summer school work to get done and don't want to stress about finishing a chapter on top of it. But, I will be back as soon as I get it all done, I promise! ♥️