Chapter 2

"She's seriously the most arrogant person I've ever had the displeasure of meeting," Hanni proclaimed.

"Uh huh." Danielle was only half paying attention to Hanni's rant. It was the same one over and over again. She practically had it memorized.

"I really don't understand how she manages to even get up in the morning with that big head of hers," Hanni continued. "I'm surprised she hasn't flown away with the sheer size of it."

Danielle sighed as she watched Hanni write in her notebook. She was writing so hard she had torn through two pages.

"And the way she walks around the halls like she owns the place? God, and that smug smile she always has?" Hanni gritted her teeth at the thought of it. "And that," she flailed her arms around trying to find the right word. "Strut she has. Like some pompous idiot."

She has no idea what she was even doing anymore. Her and Danielle were in the library during study hall working on some homework, but Hanni couldn't seem to focus on anything. The notes she should've been taking looked like smeared blotches on her torn notebook.

"What the hell do any of those girls see in her anyways?" Hanni ranted on but Danielle finally stopped her.

"Unnie! Seriously, I know she bugs the shit out of you but I don't think talking about her is going to help you."

Hanni huffed and started recopying her notes. "I just wish she'd take a goddmam hint already. I'm not remotely interested in the slightest. In fact, she repulses me."

"I know, PhamPham," Danielle said exasperated.

Hanni finally just threw her pencil down and pinched the bridge of her nose. She hated that Minji got to her like this. "You think after three years she would've given up." She looked at Danielle expecting some words of comfort, but her friend had put in her AirPods.

"Danielle!" She whined and tapped on one of the earphones.

"What?" She said annoyed. "Look, Unnie, I'm really sorry that Minji unnie gets under your skin and I really wish I could help but I have a chemistry test next period and I really need to study."

Hanni gave her an apologetic look. "Sorry. You need help?"

"No, I got it. Haerin gave me some good notes," Danielle said blushing.

Hanni smiled knowingly. If only Minji acted like her best friend, maybe she would consider going out with her. Hanni immediately shook the thought out of her head. Just the fact she even considered going out with Kim Minji made her sick.

"Hey, lover. Fancy seeing you here," a voice said behind her.

Hanni jumped, and then glared at Minji. "Actually, fancy seeing you here," she said coldly. "Didn't think you knew where the library was and don't call me lover." Hanni returned to note taking and tried to ignore Minji. She saw Danielle smirking from behind her notebook.

Minji just grinned and took a seat right next to Hanni. She was too close for Hanni's liking.

"World Lit?" Minji said looking at Hanni's notes. "I took that already, you can have my notes if you want." She gave her a smile that even Hanni had to admit was cute, but she pushed that out of her head and continued to work.

"No thanks. I really don't want notes from a C-average student."

Minji's smile faltered a little. "Well, it would've save you the trouble from taking some yourself. That way you can be free this period and spend it with me."

"And why would I do that to myself?" Hanni said scathingly.

To Hanni's surprise, Minji let out an exasperated sigh. "Come on, Hanni, aren't you tired of this dance we've been doing the past three years? Can we just you know, get together?"