ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟼

Începe de la început

And every goddamn lead they've gotten has ended up as nothing but a dead end, just like this one.

Without warning, a gloved hand is placed on Bakugo's shoulder from behind, squeezing firmly as he continues resting his head against the wall. The muscles in his arm clench and unclench a few times before he sighs and turns to face the figure behind him. Sandy blond hair ruffled like the feathers of bird with matching, golden eyes gaze back at him, and a sad smile, almost like a grimace, appears on the figure's face.

"What do you want, Birdbrain?" Bakugo grunts, shrugging off the arm of the now No. 2 Hero.

Bakugo doesn't wait for a response, already knowing it's time to group back up with the rest of the team to report their failure and turning to storm out of the room. The winged man follows closely behind, feigning boredom with his hands clasped behind his head and whistling a careless tune. But, the dead look in his usually bright, golden eyes as he scans the water damaged hallway around them doesn't match the carefree body language he gives off.

"Just checking on you." The man replies quietly after a long stretch of silence, pretending to be interested in some graffiti sprayed onto the dirt crusted brown walls.

"I don't need you to check on me."

A half-assed chuckle sounds from behind him, followed quickly by a response, "I know you don't."

Bakugo begins walking faster in the silence that follows, only deciding to grunt in recognition of the man's statement before turning the corner into the main living area of the building. The place looks like it's on its last legs with drooping, stained ceilings and ugly walls full of holes and covered in graffiti. All the furniture that used to occupy the empty space is either torn to shreds or missing. And, the smell of mildew permeates Bakugo's nose, making him scrunch it in disgust before quickly sneezing at the buildup of dust.

Knowing that you aren't being kept in a shitty place like this brings a little peace to Bakugo's mind. But, the fact that he still doesn't know where you're being kept weighs even heavier. Besides, if you were being detained in a trashy place like this, you would've already punched a hole in the wall to escape without even needing your quirk.

The sound of the pairs' footfalls announces their arrival to the others standing in a circle in the center of the room amongst broken glass and dust. There are six other heroes/heroes-in-training, each raising their gazes hopefully to the two blonds entering the room.

"Anything?" Endeavor questions, looking down at the two with crossed arms, almost as if he's disappointed with them already.

"Nothing." Hawks responds, letting his arms fall to his sides and shedding his carefree attitude like a coat.

The group falls into complete silence except for the sound of muffled sobs as they let their minds soak in the information. A dead lead means no new information and they're no closer to finding out where you are.

Fuck this.

Fuck that.

Just fuck everything.

After another moment, Mina breaks down and starts crying aloud, shattering the silence in the room with her echoing sobs. Kaminari and Kirishima are quick to rush to her side. They pat her fluffy, pink hair soothingly as her sobs grow louder and she grabs hold of Kaminari in a death grip. Her face buries itself in his shoulder as he adjusts his hold to awkwardly pat her back, not used to being in this type of situation. Usually you're the one to comfort the pink alien when she's upset.

Other than Kirishima's whispered reassurance, the rest of the squad remains quiet, only drifting closer together unconsciously for companionship in these hard times. Even Bakugo makes his way over with heavy feet, the metal lining the toe of his boots scraping the ground with every step. Once together, they stand in utter silence, letting Mina wet the shoulder of Kaminari's hero costume with tears and snot.