#9 The Saint's Church Of The Last Days of Hell.

The song 'Secrets' by The Pierces plays in the background on Frank's old radio.

"We continue broadcasting from H.R, Hell's Radio. I'm Steve McConaughey, and I want to inform you that several people have disappeared so far tonight in Hell. Strange events are happening in the town, related to lights and blackouts. I don't want to alarm anyone, but dark entities have been seen wandering around. No one knows what they are or how they got here. Several people are taking refuge in the Church of San Gabriel. Pastor Marcus is providing shelter for the Rivers, Officer Sara Bright, and some of the townsfolk, including Mike and Sally. We thank God that they are all safe. After the explosion, we feared the worst. We hope that Frank and his children will show signs of life soon. Anyone who needs help can go to the church. We will continue to update from H.R Hell's Radio."

"Are you all ready? We'll take the patrol and head to the church. The townsfolk will be nervous, so I need you to remain calm. We'll be fine," said Frank.

"Of course, Dad, we're ready, and we've got your back," Kara said firmly, tightening the straps of the backpack they prepared with ammunition, flares, flashlights, some canned food, and a few medications from the police station's first aid kit. "Right, idiot?" she taunts her brother with a smile.

"Of course, cutie! Who do you think you're talking to?" Killian responds, returning the smile. That's the bond between twins. They're always there for each other.

"If you're ready, let's go!"

The three of them go out the back and get into Frank's patrol car.

"Are you comfortable back there? Buckle up, we're heading to the church."

"Who would have thought that something like this would happen on a Sunday?" Kara remarks.

"Now who's the idiot, cutie? Ha ha ha!"

"Shut up, dorks! Something's happening!"

The lights of the police station, parking lots, and surroundings go out. Only the lights of the patrol's headlights illuminate the facade of the police station.

"Fuck! Let's get out of here!"

Frank puts the car in reverse, and they drive backwards. Through the windows, when they shine the headlights, they see a bunch of strange shadows heading towards the door. That's the last thing they see before they take the road towards the church. Frank turns on the music player of his old patrol car and puts the AC/DC Highway to Hell album on full blast.

"Old rockers never die!" says Frank as he looks at the twins in the rearview mirror.

"That's right, Dad! Rock and roll!" Kara and Killian respond.

That's what it's like to have a rocker father. The twins have grown up with the sound of drums, bass, and guitar solos.

The Summers family has never been very religious, but there they are. After a short drive, they arrive at their destination, the church.

Frank parks the patrol car in the parking lot.

"Let's go, guys, see what the atmosphere is like tonight in the church."

The siblings and their father head towards the door. They see it open, and Sarah comes out to greet them.

"Frank, where the hell were you? People here are starting to get nervous. Thank goodness you've arrived; we were worried about you and these two mischievous ones," Sarah says, looking a bit agitated at first, but as she speaks and sees Frank, she begins to feel more at ease. "Come on in."

Sarah and the Summers walk into the church. They close the door behind them. They don't want those things to get in. They're safe there, at least for the moment.

#9

End of chapter 1.