#2. Charter 1. Mike's Gasoline and Dinner.

As they reach the streetlamp, the flashing light stops.
"I'm sure I've never seen it shine like this before," he comments with a surprised and hopeful tone. Killian realizes where they are, it's the Silverlight Canyon intersection. What they see half a mile away is Mike's Dinner, with its pair of old-fashioned gas pumps, they had been there all their lives. Mike treats them like gold and doesn't let anyone use them but himself.
"Yeah, I remember my dad telling me they had come to fix it a thousand times, no matter how many wires or bulbs they changed, it always remained flashing."
"Typical X-File case, maybe Mulder is coming out from behind," Killian smiles at his sister Kara. It's more than a simple smile. It's his way of taking the edge off and giving them both a break.
"You're always on your geeky line!" Kara laughs, "I don't know how you do it but you always make me laugh, dumbass!" Kara has always played along with Killian's jokes, 'dumbass' is her affectionate way of calling him, they are twins and have that way of complementing each other that only they know, years of mischief behind them make them see things their own way.
"Come on, babe, it's not safe to stay here for too long," they later find out it's true, "Let's go see if Mike and Sally are here."
"Let's see if we can call dad, he won't believe anything we tell him, we better think about how we're going to tell him." They continue walking until they reach the front of the "Gas and Dinner," at first glance everything looks normal. There's light and that means there will be people in the place.
"I'm going to eat a piece of Sally's three chocolate cake that you're going to flip over," Kara gestures with her hands as if she's devouring something and smiles.
"I would eat a cheese cake with strawberry jam, Sally's cakes are killer!" Killian knows that Sally has won many contests with her cakes, they are an attraction for the people in town and also for the various lumberjacks and truckers who frequented the area from time to time.
For a moment, it seems like everything will go well but as they reach the door and look through the window, something is off. The place looks empty, Mike is not at the counter and Sally is not in the kitchen, it's not a good sign.
"This is strange, I don't see anyone," whispers Killian holding the door handle.
"Be careful," says Kara as she joins him looking over his shoulder.
"The door is open," he turns the handle and the door opens, "I'm going in!"
"Come on, come on, Killi!"Once inside, everything looks normal except for the fact that there are no customers and even more importantly, there is no sign of Mike or Sally.

#2